Chap 1

"Hermione you're taking awfully long today with your hair ,you look just fine trust me" said Harry to Hermione whilst putting his watch on. Ginny had bought it for him after the war.

"Oh i'm sorry harry I just I-I-I just can't get it the way I want it to be"

"Hermione stop exaggerating your hair looks the exact same everyday" Harry wasn't lying about what he said , it was true that Hermione's hair was like that everyday , puffy but never a ball of mess. Hermione had been spending time on her hair for over 15 minutes now just to avoid Ron downstairs.
Hermione had been avoiding Ron for over a week now trying to spend as less time possible with him ,she always had an excuse at hand for when she did see him which usually went along the lines of

"erm I have to study Ron catch you later"

She never seemed to catch up with him however.

After the war was over Hermione didn't feel the unconditional love she had felt for Ronald before and didn't know what was happening to her emotions , all she knew was that she didn't see him in that way but couldn't figure out the right words to tell Ronald.

"HERMIONE GRANGER HURRY UP!"
Harry roared at Hermione about to leave without her. Why was she taking so long ?

"Sorry ,sorry I'm done" Hermione replied with her gentle voice wishing that Harry did leave without her so she could take longer and not go to breakfast.

Harry was first out the door rushing down the stairs to the hall , mostly he was rushing down to see Ginny , even though he saw her everyday he still got nervous around her and couldn't contain his heart beats around Ginny , he was completely and utterly in love with her , the way her hair always flowed behind her like silk and the way her icy blue eyes dilated when seeing. She was perfect.

"Finally you two could make it , what on earth took you so long?!" Asked Ginny to the both of them.

"Only just got ready we did" replied Hermione feeling her stomach clench at the sight of Ron. She wanted to run away so far away from him and just be free of their 'relationship' , Hermione couldn't even look at it with relationship eyes anymore.

Everybody sat down in silence ,each one of them waiting eagerly to break the thick tension in the air.

Harry and Ginny knew that there was something up between Ronald and Hermione but couldn't quite put their wands on what exactly was happening.

"So who's excited for the Christmas holidays?"
Ginny asked breaking the silence.

Hermione had forgotten about the holidays that were coming up , she knew she had to break it off with Ronald before then. She has exactly 2 weeks to break it off and get on with her life.
She took a huge gulp and tucked her hair behind her ear wanting to rip it out but managed to keep calm and steady.

"Yeah I bloody well am , but I will miss" Ronald got cut off by Ginny and Harry at the same time.

"Yes we know , the food"

All of them chuckled with meaning and happiness whilst Hermione had to force out a fake chuckle not wanting them to suspect something was wrong.

"I have some studying to do at the library erm I'll see you guys later"
With that said by Hermione she left in an instant not even waiting for a response out of anyone.

She was waiting for the stair cases to change when she saw Draco Malfoy.

I cannot deal with him right now.
Thought Hermione in her head making sure it wasn't whispered out loud.
Draco leaped onto the staircase and went down the stairs to where Hermione was waiting.
The stair case changed again.
It was Hermione's turn to go up the stairs now , she rushed up trying to avoid Draco.
Draco grabbed her arm with all his force taking the breath out of Hermione making her stunned.
"Hello mudblood"

"Go away Malfoy I don't have time for your constant insults and childish acts oh and if you're going to stop me ,next time do it more gently you coward"
Hermione was spitting those words all with fire at Draco with all the anger that was inside her.

"I dare you to speak such words to me again you filthy worthless mudblood"
They were so close to each others faces Hermione could smell Draco's breath which smelt of strong mint toothpaste.

"I said go away you coward" Hermione ferociously spat back at Draco.

"You will pay for those words and attitude towards me you filthy wrench"

Hermione looked Draco hard in his deep blue almost grey eyes not regretting a word she said and then teared her arm away from the grips of Draco and ran up the stairs as fast as she can. As for Draco he was fuming but slightly impressed the way Hermione spat those words out to him with no fear. Since when did Hermione get so angry and rude?

Hermione still hadn't caught her breath from the incident on the stairs with Draco.
She finally found a book to get her attention in the library and sat down at the back near the restricted and read the book until her mind no longer lingered to thinking of Draco. The book was huge with rough worn out pages making it seem hundreds of years old.
The library was Hermione's save haven , where she could get away from everything and everyone ,she loved it here and if she had it her way spend everyday in there.

Ronald came bursting through the library doors so loud that even Hermione at the back heard.

"Where's Hermione" asked Ronald desperately to the students trying to study.

"She's near the back at the restricted section"

Ronald ran to the back as fast as he could ,panting and out of breath in order to speak to Hermione. The woman he was still so deeply in love with.