Chapter 14//The Best, Magnificent, & Marvelous Day

"Ow."

Rubbing my nose, I got up from the floor.

Everybody welcome the best, magnificent, and marvelous day of the week... Tuesday! (Note the extreme sarcasm.)

What will happen to ruin this day? That is beyond my knowledge.

Suffice to say that I thought it was a Monday because of my face-plant. But I remembered the one I got yesterday.

I did what I did everyday, making my bed, going to the bathroom, throwing on an outfit, eating breakfast and leaving the house.

Just as I opened the doors of the school's hallway, I had a heart attack.

It was like valentines day all over again!

Wherever you'd look you'd find two people, each being the opposite gender, either cuddling while walking or playing tonsil tennis like it's the Olympics.

I'd really like to keep mom's pancakes down in my stomach, thank you very much.

It wasn't only them, that activity included Brent, Cam, and Dan too.

It was only Austin and I.

Don't even think about awkward, in fact, it was one of the best days of my life.

Yeah, you just witnessed me saying that a Tuesday was one of the best days of my life.

That was my morning. Austin and I laughing normally.

However, I'm right here, right now, in a cubicle. And that cubicle is located in the girls restrooms. Knees pressed against my chest, I cursed that brat called Alexandra. Again.

Why, you're asking?

Well, it isn't a story you'd laugh about.

Let's rewind back to when I was laughing with Austin at lunch. Right at that moment, everyone stopped doing what they were doing just as Alexandra shouted.

"Students of Lockwood High." She shouted. Everyone looked at her, and practically leaned when they saw her standing on a lunch table.

She glared at me, and now everyone living student stared.

I should've left from this very moment, but noo, I had to freaking stay.

If only you knew, Riley.

"One of us, seniors, has a disease." She pauses, earning a few gasps which increase the size of her wicked grin.

Again, I should've left, but apparently I did not.

"Or more like a disorder," she emphasizes the last word, earning more gasps which turn her grin into a smirk.

Why hadn't I ran before things got out of control? Because I'm stupid. I was that foolish one that thought it had nothing to do with anyone I knew.

I was stupid.

"That person has Heterochromia."

The nerds were the only gasp owners this time, which meant the senior population knew nothing about that.

I should've guessed who it was. But again, I was stupid.

"That is a disorder when an iris is a different color than the other. So, imagine a student here with a red eye and a yellow one." She emphasizes both colors, and I personally thought it was creepy.

"That person," she pauses for dramatic effect.

That was the last chance where I could've ran away.