chapter 28

'What do you mean lana?, you are breaking up with me?' Luke said with the saddest expression on his face. I don't know how im doing this, atleast this is for his best.

'Im not good enough for you luke, i never want to hurt you anymore' i said avoiding those eyes i first saw at school.

'Not good enough?, lana you are perfect to me, you make me happy alot, how can i live without you!' He said looking at me.

'Im sorry luke,this is for you, i don't want to hurt you with all my problems, you deserve someone better' i repeted my dad words

'I want you.' He said raising my chin to make our eyes lock.

I held his hand down, squeezing it slightly before i go, for the last time.

'We can make this work!' Said luke.

I couldnot reply, i didnt know what to say at all.

'I swore i won't ever leave you lana, i won't ever' he said.

I turned around looking at him for the very last time

'Sorry' i last whispered.

I turned around and started walking home. Luke was still standing in his place. I wiped my falling tears quietly.
How did i let him go? How did i let go the only person who has helped me in everything, atleast he will move on, he will find someone more beautiful, with a better life. And the worst this i knew is, humans are like glasses, when they break they never get fixed again.

I unlocked the door, without a word i got into my room, locking the door behind me. I took a glance at the cupboared where our first kiss happend.

'This is the best for him' i whispered again and again.

I sigh as i sat down on my bed, i didnt even change my clothes. I rememerd the necklace luke gave to me. I held it closely to my chest.

After sometime, i decided to go to the park where we used to meet.

I got there as sat quietly on a bench, watching people walking happily.

' i cant believe i have done this' i said lowering my face to look at the ground.

Every memorie flew in my mind right now. How could i be that sad even im the one who left.. Maybe because i love him. I don't want him to go. But he helped me alot, he will suffer alot with me.