* Ch1: Who that? *

Onika P.O.V
1987
*
*
I tapped my pencil and foot repeatedly, waiting for the school bell to ring for lunch. So I can leave this boring ass class.

"Girl you iight?" One of my best friend, Jada, leaned over her desk and whispered to me.

I turned my head to the side. "Yeah just a bitch fucking hungry."

She scoffed. "Shit I feel you."

"Girls stop talking!" Ms. Walker, pointed her ruler at us.

Jada and I smacked our lips at the same time.

I can't stand her fat ass at all. Always in somebody's business. I glanced back at the clock. 3 more minutes Onika. 3 more minutes.

"Alright class. We got three more minutes so your homework is to read the whole chapter of Andrew Jackson being the President in your history books." The whole class groan. I swear I hate history class. "Aye aye I dont want to hear that mess."

I rolled my eyes "Really?" I whispered to myself. Apparently, Ms. Walker heard me.

"What was that Ms. Vang?" Yes my last name is Vang.

I smacked my lips. "Nothin' "

She sat on her desk. "Apparently there's something since you smacking your lips and rollin your eyes."

All eyes were on me. I leaned over my desk. "Ok look. Ms. Walker. My problem is why we have to read like a 40 page chapter about Andrew Jackson? We all know he was a white president thats dead, he had slaves, and kicked the natives out their home. He was the devil. What else do we have to know?" I looked at her and leaned back in my chair. "History books don't be telling the WHOLE truth anyway so whats the whole point."

The whole class was saying Oooo. I chuckled at myself.

"Ok look. Ms. Vang. I know where you coming from. But do you want to not read the chapter and fail the test or read the chapter and pass the test so you dont have to take it again? Your choice Ms. Vang." I stayed silent. Everyone's eyes were on me, waiting for what I got to say. "Meet me after class Ms. Vang. " I sucked my teeth.

Shortly the bell rang. I hurried up and packed, I tried to rush out the door so Ms. Walker wont see me with her fat ass. But people were walking hella slowly.

"Onika!!" Ms. Walker yelled.

I stopped at the door. Shit! "Iight Jada. I'll catch up to you. Save me a spot."

"Iight." We pounded our fist.

"Onika come here real quick."

I adjust my bag on my shoulder. "Yes Ms. Walker," said irritating way.

"What have gotten into you. The beginning of the year you had good behavior."

"Ok so whats your point." I crossed my arms. Did I tell you I get irritated real fast when Im hungry.

"My point is, is there anything going on at home
that I should be knowing about."

"Look there's nothing that you "should" know." I did the quotation marks with my fingers. "So can I leave? Im hungry." I pointed to the door behind me with my thumb. She sighed and nodded her head yes. "Thanks" I gave her a fake smile and walked out the door. Bitch. I speed walked to the cafeteria, praying to God the line wasn't long. Shit! The line is hella long. This line finna go hella slow. I seen Jada at the food already. Shit I'm finna cut this hoes. I cut like 14 people not getting caught.  "Look if any of yall tell I cut, yall finna get cut." They nodded their heads quick. "Thanks" I gave them a fake sweet smile. I turned back around and grabbed my lunch tray. "Hey"