*Ch 3: Eve's After Dark*

Dre P.O.V
Sunday 1987
*
*
*
I looked around Eve After Dark as I watched people grind on eachother to slow R&B jams as I DJ. This shit can keep boring real quick. I don't see why people like this. These flashing outfits that Yella and I have to wear, be blindin me. But shit I can't complain, its a way to get money. I seen Yella sitting on the corner of the stage flirting to this one darkskin chick. This yellow nigga.

I took my headphones off and walked up behind him. Well if he think he finna get her number, ha he thought. "So how about you give me yo-" I cut him off my hitting him on the head. He looked up at me in confusion, with knitted eyebrows . "Nigga the fuck was that fo?!"

I smacked my lips. "Nigga you supposed to be working, not flirting. And apparently she didn't want yo ass. Cause she gone." I pointed to her walking away. Boom what did I say? Ha.

"Wait what." He turned his head .He sucked his teeth. I just chuckled at him and shook my head.

"Yo Lonzo coming." He got up and we rushed back to the turntables

Lonzo walked up to us. "Aye yall doin good. Keep it up." He exhaled the smoke from his blunt. He looked at me and Yella. "Im finna go outside to make sure nothing poppin off. I want you to keep these fat ass shaking. Dont play none of the street ass rap shit. Iight?" I rolled my eyes. "I want them to fuckin think about pussy. Not pistols." He looked at Yella. "And Yella. I seen you talkin to Linna man. Keep yo motherfuckin hands to yourself. "

I rolled me eyes and kept scratching the records . "Iight."

He pointed his blunt at me and raised his eyebrows. "Dont fuck up." He put his blunt in his mouth and walked outside.

"Why you always fucking around with Lonzo girl man?" I changed the records.

"Why not? Can't be afraid of a grown man in heels Dre." He put the record in its holder.

I rolled my eyes. "mann I can't wait to get this shit done with." I lowly said to Yella.

"Shit man I feel you." He put other record on the turntable. "I can't take these flashy outfits no more." We both laughed. "People starting to make fun of me."

"We look like we were in Eath, Wind, and fire or something." We bust laughing again. "You know I been thinking about starting a record company."

"Fo real? Mean its not a bad Idea."

"I just need the money to do it. I cant do this shit no more." Referring to the outfits. "Yo I asked Cube if he can rap tonight."

He gave me a side eye. "You sure? You might get fired. Man Lonzo don't be liking the shit we like"

I smacked my teeth. "Mannn I ain't gonna get fired." I smirked. "He dont want to lose me." I chuckled. I looked at my watched. Shit where the fuck is he?

"Dre. Yo Dre." I heard my name being whispered from the side of the stage. Finally.

I jogged down the little steps on the side of the stage, to Cube. We bro hugged. "Nigga the fuck were you?"

"I had to find away to leave the house." He chuckled. "But I'm here aint I?"

"Where Nika?"

"She being a good sister right now thats all." He smiled.

I pursed my lips. "Nigga the fuck you got her doing."

He sighed with a smile. "Man she covering up fo me. So her ma don't be goin crazy lookin fo my ass." He chuckled. "Especially cause we got school tomorrow. She a good lier you know."