*Ch 10: Priority Records*

Its that time again. Im at the factory get the other set of records. The lady came to me with 5boxes of records. I pulled my money and count it. I smiled at her and gave her the money. I bend down to pick up the boxes of the table. "Iight. Guess I'll see you soon."

"Excuse me!" A older white man shout over the machines.

I looked up at him. "Yeah?"

He smiled and pointed to the records. "I heard your records." He stuck out his hand. "Im Jerry Heller."

I smiled and shook it back. "Eric Wright."

"My pleasure to meet you man." I picked up the records. "Umm.. Oh let me get those for you." The fuck his he doing. He held the records. "Um would it be possible to have a word with you for a second Eric?"

"About what?"

He smiled. "About music." I thought about then I nodded. "Great right this way." I followed him to his office. Its not as big than i thought it would be. I sat down in the chair. I looking around at his poster on the wall. He had all these old groups pictures. Like Grand Funk. Who the fuck are they? "So I thought your album was good man."

I looked at him. "Just good."

He looked at me. He nodded his head. "Mmhm." I looked at him fo like 3 seconds. I got up out my seat and started walking away. "Hey hey hey no." I grabbed my boxes. He put his hands on top of them. "I thought it was exceptional"

I Gave him a blank stare. "Exceptional" i said right after him.

He nod, "Yes fantastic. Now just please sit down alright. We'll start this again." He chuckled. I was still standing there. "Come on." I walked back to the seat. "So we gonna try this again."

I got comfortable in my chair. I sighed, "iight."

"As a music manger. Let me tell you want I can do for you Eric. I would make you a genius"

I softly chuckled. I leaned over with my elbows on my knees. "It seems as I can do something for you."

He chuckled. "I see you think cause I dont have a flashy office I dont know what Im talking about. But I worked with Uncle Jon." He started counting on his fingers. "Worked with Odis Runnings." He turned around in his chair. "Lets see." He got up.I just shook my head. He didnt see me. "I worked with War. I worked with Sticks." He sat back down.

I cleared my throat. "Have you worked with anybody this decade?" I knitted my eyebrows

"Let me tell you what I see Eric. Alot of raw talent. Alot of prodigal." I turned my head but still looked at him. I looked away. "But if you think anyone gonna talk to you. You think anyone gonna let you in the building." I looked back at him. "Or someone might listen to you. You think thats gonna happen. You crazy man. Im sorry. Thats is what I can do for you." I curled my lips in. "I can make you legit."i can get you in that building. And I will protect you." He pointed at me. "I would block out all the noise from this crazy business. We can make something big." I leaned back in the chair. "But you gotta believe in me and I believe in you." He held up one of the albums. "And I believe in this. Cause you got a unique talent Eric. Very special. Dont fuck around." He looked hard at me. I wasnt showing no signs of expression on my face. "You know what." He stood up. "If you cant handle it, to much fuckin pressure for you. Then fine." I looked at him. "Get out of here." He said lowly.

I scratch my nose with my thumb. "Ok. Im listening."

"You got more music for me?"

I stood up and smiled. "Absolutely."

"Good. You need to follow this up quick." Pointed to the album. "Alright. Whats does N.W.A stand for? No whites Allowed. Something like that." We chuckled.