Chapter 14.

*ELLA'S POV*

I sat with Joel for what seemed like a few hours, just trying to get over the fact that i had lost my baby. He had been hugging me and trying to comfort me. Needless to say, it wasn't working as well as i'd hoped. We were just sitting cuddling when i heard my door open and saw a confused Adam and a puzzled Kathryn and Ryan.

"What's up with you two?" Adam said.

"Yeah, you've been up here all afternoon." Ryan continued.

"Shall i tell them?" Joel said, i nodded. "Ella lost her baby." Ryan and Kathryn gasped while Adam looked at me sympathetically.

"Have you told Andy?" Adam said. I realised i was going to have to tell him at some point.

"Not yet." I sighed. Joel finally released me from his arms and Kathryn came to cuddle me. I thought it must have looked dodgy, me and Joel cuddling. She was his girlfriend. But nothing was going on between me and Joel, so it was fine. And we had been friends for so long, so she trusted me.

"You're gonna need to." She said in her American voice. Her tone of voice was serious and sympathetic but soothing.

"Kath, i don't think i can." I said. Ryan looked at Joel and Joel made a gesture as if to say 'I'll tell you later'. Ryan made a little nod

"You can." Adam said, everyone looked at him, "I mean, it's not that hard, you just say to him. He'll understand. It's not like you could have prevented it, right?" 

"Yeah, Adam's right. It's not your fault really, is it?" Joel said.

"I suppose..." I said. The thought of telling Andy still scared me, "I think i'm gonna go for a walk." I said, standing up.

"But it's raining buckets out there." Ryan said.

"I know. But i need to clear my head." I smiled. He nodded and i walked down the stairs and out the front door. I had my phone in my one pocket and a few dollars in my other. Ryan was right, it really was raining buckets. I walked to the nearest coffee shop and bought a coffee and settled in there. An hour had passed and it was still raining. I realised that a young man who looked around my age was sitting across from me. He looked up from his book and smiled politely.

"What's a beautiful girl like you doing here?" He said. He was American. His hair was light brown and he had a cute face. 

"Got bored." I laughed. He smiled again. That smile could brighten up any ones day.

"Nice accent, you're not from these parts, are yah?" He said.  I shook my head.

"Nope, i'm here with my friends." I sighed. 

"From England, am i right?" He questioned. I nodded, and he smiled. 

"Sure are. Birmingham, you know it?" He nodded, "Where are you from?"

"From the western states, here on vacation. Hey, you're the sister of that one from One Direction, ain't yah?" 

"Yeah." I smiled.

"Your song, uh, what's it, Strangers?" I nodded, "Yeah, on repeat in my lil' sisters room."

"You got any other family?" I asked, taking the last sip of my coffee.

"Yeah, two sisters, a mom, a dad, a brother. All in one house." He smiled.

"Hey, that's the same as me! One brother and two sisters." I smiled.

"Well, what a coincidence, never thought i'd have anything in common with you." He said.

"So what are you reading?" I asked.

"Harry Potter, read 'em all about 3 times, startin' again for the heck of it." He chuckled. He had a cute chuckle. Everything about him was warm, he had one of those faces you would look for if something bad happened in a public place.

"Same here." I smiled, "So why you sitting here alone?"

"I don't like to bother people with my troubles." He said.

"No, tell me." I said. He put his bookmark in his book and placed it softly into his bag.

"I've got cancer. Ain't got long to live. Only about two weeks. I should be in hospital, but thing is, i ain't told nobody yet. I ain't gonna act like nobody cares for me, cause i got my family. But i couldn't do it, ma'am. It was too hard. You're the first one i've told." He said.

"Oh my..." I said. This was heart breaking. He was scared and alone and here i was, worrying over boy troubles.

"Sorry, ma'am. So why are you here?"

"Well, i had a miscarriage, and i havent told the baby's father." 

"Is you still with him?" He asked.

"Yeah. Well, no. We had a little argument. My problems are nothing compared to your's." I said. He shook his head and chuckled.

"Don't worry 'bout me. I'm going back to the hospital, and i'm gonna die. But it's life, ain't it miss?" He said. I nodded, "And if life wants to end ya before the average time, you gotta let it. Just like your little baby. Now, listen here, you go tell that man you love him. Cause i can tell you do." He smiled.

"Will you be okay?" I said.

"Don't worry about me, i told yah." He smiled, "Now go! Go get that man, tell him you love him and you marry him, miss. You marry him and you have kids and when you do, think of me. Think of this here moment, and how silly you was to leave that man." 

"Yes, i will. Thank you." I said. I picked up my phone and jacket and walked to the door. "Hey!" I called back, "I didn't get your name." 

"Thomas. Thomas Jones." He smiled.

"Well, Thomas, it was nice to meet you." I said. He saluted and i walked out of the little coffee shop. Back to Andy. To do what Thomas told me to do. To tell Andy i love him.