Chapter 28 - Regret

Before you start reading, i suggest all of you to listen to Flashlight by Jessie J over and over again to get the feeling(?)

Sheryl's POV

After i had done showering, i remembered that Ariana was locked in the room. I went to her door and unlocked it.

"Oi, don't you try to hide! Come out now!" I yelled. I stood at the door for more than three seconds and she did not come out.

My head turned to the left and i saw the window was wide opened, "Mum! Mum! Come here!"

"What is it?" Mum stood right beside me, looking all delighted.

"She run away!" I said whilst pointing to the window.

"What?! Now what are we going to do?!" Both of us started to get panic.

"I don't know."

"We cannot do anything right now because today is your day. We still have to continue with the day smoothely, are we? Now forget about that idiot and continue with the day." I only nodded to what Mum said but i still could not get rid of thinking about her.

-

Louis' POV

I had done wearing my black tuxedo along with my shoes. I may looked good but deep down my heart i am not feeling good.

Liam help me to tie the bowtie around the collar.

"What a big man!" Liam said. "You're going to be a husband very very soon."

"Li, i don't know if can i be a good husband because i don't even love Sheryl."

"Come on, Lou. You're going to be a very good husband. Maybe you will start to love her after marriage?"

"Well, what if i don't?"

"Don't think negative, mate."

"But what about Ariana? I just throw her like that and i feel so wrong."

"Louis!" Niall, Harry and Zayn came into the dressing room, looking so rushed. Niall was holding a light brown box.

"What is it?"

"Someone wanted this box to be pass to you and he said you must open this immediately once you get it. Er his name is errrr......i don't know he didn't said his name but he looked old." Niall told.

"Old? Do you know who is he?"

"No, i'm sorry...." Niall said with dissappointment. I grabbed the box from Niall and quickly unclose the box.

"Wait, did you see Ariana at the seats?"

"No, i didn't see her." I started to get worried.

A piece of paper was on top of a familiar book. The paper was written with a few sentences. It reads:

I wish you were mine. I miss everything we do. I'm half a heart with you.

I realised it was the lyric of our song, Half A Heart. It got me more confused. I began to question myself who wrote these. The handwriting of the owner looks familiar. I put away the paper and focus on the....

Ariana's diary book????????!

I remembered she wrote my name on one of the diaries but i could not remeber which one is it. I decided to read on the very last page of the diary she wrote.

Dear diary,

Each and every single day i thank to God for giving the strongness that i need but i'm still in doubt. How long am i able to be strong? So afraid that any of the days i might break down. Day by day, my life is getting so challenging. Dad is gone, Sheryl and Mum never stop bullying me and worse my first love is gone. A guy who always care about me, tries to protect me from all the monsters is gone. Gone to Sheryl. I've been trying to avoid him because i am willing to sacrifice for my own sister even though she is not my real sister. I understand after Dad had explained to me why he wanted Sheryl and Louis to be together. I was glad that Dad and i wish and hope for the same thing. We really wanted Sheryl to change. Same goes to Mum. After all, it was too painful to help them change. It was so hard. I love him so much that it is so hurtful down my heart. It hit me hard like someone stabbing me. Maybe this is a test from God. I am really proud of myself that i was able to be strong for so long. For now, i think everything is getting so risky that i couldn't take it anymore. He changed, everything changed. The only way that i could run away from everything is leave this country. I know that no matter how far i go, the problems will still not be solve but i have to go. It's getting way too much and so painful. I have to leave every single thing just to give myself some space. I am so sorry, Louis.