Chapter 39 - Reason behind everything

Ariana's POV

"Baby, i don't think we're doing the right thing." Louis said, packing the last thing into his luggage before leaving.

"No matter what, i still wanna leave this place." I firmly said.

I went to the bathroom to take my facial wash.

"Don't you feel pity for Mum?" Pity? Yes, i do but everytime i look at her face reminds me of what she wanted to do to me.

"No."

"Don't lie. I know that you pity her. Not even tiny bit of your feelings? You're mean, Ariana."

"I'm mean or she's mean?! Think before you said."

After taking it and placed in the luggage, i bring my luggage down to my car. Mum watched me from the dining table. She get up and got over to me.

"Ariana, please don't leave me alone here. I don't have anybody else right now. Left with only you, Ariana. Please, Ariana. Don't do this to me." Mum begged. I literally ignored her and walked back in.

"Ariana, please?"

I stopped and sighed, "I can't. I will feel terribly in pain if i stay here longer. Not even one part of the pain memories gonna left from my mind. I'm sorry."

"But at least forgive me?"

"If only you prove to me that you really have change." I replied.

I was about to go to my room when Louis went down with his luggage and my handbag. Before we left, i checked the room once again if there's anything left.

I went back down and, "Louis, lets go."

"Ariana, if you refused to forgive me, it's fine. I understand because it's not that easy to free all the pain memories from your mind....but i want you to know that i'm really, really sorry for what i have done to you. I realised my mistakes. I wish i could turn back time and make all the things right." Her words causing me to go frozen for a minute.

I turned around to look at Mum, "Why is it now you finally realised that everything you did was wrong? God give us brain to think what is wrong and right but you're brainless. I'm sorry. I have to say this but you are really brainless-"

"Ariana, don't be rude! Can't you see that your Mum is really sorry?" Louis scolded me.

"Do you know how i feel right now?" I questioned him back.

"Yes, i know. All day, all night you told me about it."

"Then? Ahh!" I gave up talking to them.

I straight away got in the car.

Louis' short POV

I shook my head in disappointment.

"Mum, i'm sorry for what she said to you. I don't think she have the intention to hurt your feelings."

"It's okay, Louis. I really deserve it and what she said is right. I am brainless."

"No, Mum. Don't bring yourself down. Don't you worry, okay? She will be okay after a few days. I know her very well. She's not that kind of Ariana that i knew when we were in the high school. I'm pretty sure she will forgive you."

I pulled Mum for a hug as she began to cry in my chest.

-

Ariana and i walked out from the elevator then stopped for awhile as i wanted to take the key from Ariana's bag.

After taking it, when i looked up, i saw Briana in front of the door of my house. I became raged. Most probably, she's gonna start another drama which i hate it.

I stalked over to her.

"Briana, get away from here! Get away from here!" She got me boiled up in anger when she refused to get off.

"Louis, calm down..." Ariana soothed my shoulder.

"Briana, if you're here to start up another rumour, better leave. We don't want another stupid drama come to our lives again. Both of us are happy together." Ariana slowly talked to her.

"I know i shouldn't be here but let me explain why i still stand here." She seems to look frightened of me.

"Okay. You said you wanna explain, right? Explain now." I folded my arms and wait for her.

"I wanna seek for apologies from the both of you especially you, Louis. I'm really, really sorry that i lied to you and made you trapped in my plan. I wanted you so badly that i came up with it. Yeah, then i realised that you love Ariana instead of me. She's the only person can make you happy. Then because of me, both of you started to split up. I'm really sorry..."

"Good. Very good. Finally you know what you're doing." My words are full of sarcasm. Ariana pinched my left bicep.

"It's good that you know your mistakes. Well, i hope you change your mindset. We...forgive you, okay?"

"What, Ariana?! That easily?!" It got me shocked as shit.

Ariana's POV

Louis was staring at me in unbelievable.
His words got me stunned. In the way, his reaction was almost the same as me when i refused to forgive Mum. Then i know how exactly Louis felt.

Why didn't i forgive Mum easily just like Briana?

I just felt that i was exactly in Louis shoes.

"Ahm... Yeah..." I nodded my head.

I felt guilty.

"Ariana, there's one more thing that i wanted to tell you."

"What is it?"

"I bet you thinked that you had been abused and locked up in the basement because Sheryl caught you and Louis in the toilet together, right? Remember?"

The whole scene of that moment began to appear in my head. I started to shiver in fear that i hold Louis' wrist. He knew i was so he wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

"Yeah, i-i remember... How do you know?" I asked.

"I'm sorry but i have to tell you this. T-that's not the only reason she did it. Late Sheryl knew that she's an adopted child. She was furious. Even if all you didn't told her, she could figure out by herself. Your late Dad always give you what you wanted so to her it's not fair. She thinked that she was not important to him. Only your mum shows care of concern about her. Besides that, the day when you were locked up, it all started on that day. Before you got home, she went in to your mum's room to steal some money from her purse in the small drawer. In that drawer, she found Dad's diary and she read it. That's where and when she already confirmed her guess was right. She just kept to herself about that matter so that she had the chance to bully you as badly as possible. Late Sheryl really hold the grudge to herself."

I stayed stone for a few minutes. All the scenes when Sheryl bullied me displayed in my head.

"So late Sheryl told you this? When was that?" Louis was curious.

"During the Graduation night. Both of us shared how we felt about both of you finally found your way to each other on that day."

Louis nodded his head in understandment.

I was totally speechless.

"Ariana, have a lot of patience. I know what you've been through in the past and it's not easy to accept it...but now you're perfectly living the life happily, right? On the behalf of Sheryl, i'm really sorry." I just shut my mouth but the tears in my eyes rolled down my cheeks.

Louis soothed me by my shoulder, "Thank you for informing us, Briana. I...forgive you. I hope you really have changed."

"You're welcome and thank you, Louis, Ariana. I'll leave now."

Right away after Briana left, Louis unlocked the gate and the door. My mouth was sealed together. Didn't say any words at all but crying.

I was just like a stupid human who does not know anything about reality. Walked in slowly as if nothing was going on in my head, blank.

BLANK

BLANK

BLANK!