Chapter 12

Wet bone-splitting cold air dug into her skin. Cold! Her teeth chattered and her breath made white puffs in the air. Looking down. Huh? Club wear? So not, appropriate for this kind of weather. She thought disgusted. Stamping her feet and rubbing her arms, she looked about and squinted.

Blast! Why is it so dark? Surveying her surroundings, she frowned. Where am I? What is this place?

The structure consisted of steel, bricks, metal pillars, windows, and a rough concrete floor. Rubbing her arms. Click-click-click! Heels met floor as she stamped them again.

"Ouch!" Someone groaned behind her. Jerking, she whirled. A shadowed figure lay on the ground. Her gut tightened and heart beat in her throat. Blast this darkness. Where are the lights?

"Hallo!" Rigged she took one-step towards whatever lay on the floor. "Are you hurt?" Panting, her breath rushed in and out in small puffs.

"Alex." A familiar pain filled voice called to her. I know that voice. "Alex." Her feet took on a life of its own. "Alex."

"Oh my..." She recognized her brother when she came close enough. "Xander!" She started to run.

"Alex, help me."

He started to float away. Panic rose inside her. "I'm coming!"

"Alex, please help me!"

Her brother's desperate cries urged her to run faster. A shadow figure stepped out of a dark corner and came to stand over him. Skidding to a halt, she retreated a few steps. Fear's fingers laced through her heart.

"W-who are you?"

"Don't you recognize me?" The stranger looked up.

A bolt of fear struck her right in the centre of her chest. It can't be! The tall, dark, longhaired man from the riddle pick her brother up. "Let him go!" He smiled, then sank his teeth into his neck. "Noooooo!"

She tried to move towards them, but her feet wouldn't obey. He dropped him like a bag of potatoes. Wiped his mouth and stared at her with cold lifeless eyes.

"You monster!"

He grinned and licked his lips. I am his next target, her mind registered. He disappeared. Shit! Where did he go? Her head jerked in all directions.

"Looking for me?" he asked and materialized in front of her.

Gasping. Her stomach turned. Not again! Her mind screamed as he grabbed her.

"Let me go!" She screamed voiceless.

He lifted her off the ground and she struggled fiercely. But, his iron grip kept her bound. Desperate, she kicked him in the shin. Surprised, he winced.

"You can't stop what must happen," he said. His head lowered towards her neck.

His cold breath caressed her skin and she cringed. When his mouth opened, razor-sharp fangs sprang forth. I am not ready to die. She thought as the tips of his fangs pricked her skin.

***

WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER, by QUEEN ripped through her. Dizzy, she fell out of bed; hit the carpet with a soft thud. Shaking her head, she struggled up and her hands shot to her throat. Phew! No bite marks. Sighing. No more horror movies miss Hernandez. She scolded herself.