Chapter 5 We're Gonna Be Roomies

I ran to the dormitory building and asked a teacher there where am I supposed to live in for the rest of my school year here.

"Girls dormitory room is on the east wing. Room 22 is on the second floor, you will be accompanied by a roommate Ms. Paige."

"Thanks." I replied.

I made my way to the second floor using an elevator and then looked around for room 22. I found room 22 on the right edge of the west wing.

"Room 22." I finally reached it. "Okay, she said I'll have a roommate so don't be dumb, dumbass." I took a deep breath. "Okay. Why am I so nervous? I mean what could go wrong?" A note for myself. Never. Say. What could go wrong.

I knocked on the door to be polite but no one answered. She gave me a key for a reason so I fished it and opened the locked room. I walked inside and immediately smelled a sweet stench of Jasmine lit candles. I love jasmine. What a warm welcome I thought, then I walked inside and was surprised to have found a disturbing scene before my eyes.

"Uh.. Oh, OH!" Oh god. "I-I'm so.. sorry.. Uh.." I tried to cover my eyes frantically. The girl realized that I was here and jumped with shock, pushing the boy away as hard as she could that the boy fell.

"I-I didn't mean to interrupt your.. your.." I looked around embarrassed and finally made eye contact with the girl. "This is room 22 on the second floor right?" I asked.

The girl shook her head and smirk. She stood up and tidied herself then she pushed away the boy to the door. The girl kissed the boy against the door frame then kicked him out. Ouch. "Maybe next time." And then she slammed the door.

Fierce, feisty, care-free. Uh-oh.

The girl put on a smug expression that I couldn't reply to. Her dark brown eyes stared at me, glaring and intimidating me. All I tried to do is not flinch and that was the hardest 15 seconds of my life. She broke the ice and finally she raised an eyebrow and asked me something.

"What's your name?" a stern voice said.

"Iris." I replied. "What's yours?"

"Cash" She answered. What a peculiar name. "New kid right?"

"Yeah."

"Intimidated by me?" she asked again.

"Kinda." I said.

She smiled. "Don't be." Then she walked away. "Make yourself at home new kid!" she shouted as she disappeared into the bathroom (I assumed).

"Uh.. Okay." I said back. My new room with a care-free red head as a roommate. The room had two beds (I'm glad) with a single window on the opposite side of the door. The space between the two beds is quite large and there's a three-story shelf on each side of the bed. One shelf was already taken by the red head while the other stays empty, I guess it's for me. The room's wall in glistening white unlike the color of my own room and everything inside is clean, well at least not the crumpled bed that the red head and the guy-- okay, never mind about that.

I grabbed my bag and put it on the shelf and started unpacking. "Oh, Goodie." I said to myself.