Chapter 14 Who, Suspect, Murder

Well Ed didn't freak out, at first. He was too busy getting my point and straightening the facts after I told him about the AC event. "So, your AC tried to kill you?" He pointed out.

I nodded.

"And you survived by pulling out the plug."

I nodded again. "Did you not hear my explanation earlier?" I said irritated.

Ed didn't respond to my irritation instead he continued pointing things out. "Now you think somebody's after you?" He asked. " Because it was no accident?"

I nodded again.

Ed stopped and gave me a paranoid look. "It might've been an accident!" he screamed.

"No. My air conditioner was rigged! Is it so hard to believe?" I screamed back. Ed still had that paranoid look on his face telling me that he still didn't believe me. "But it really happened!"

"Look. I'm not saying I don't believe you. Okay, I don't believe you. But if someone really wanted you dead they can't get to you here." He told me. "You're safe here."

"But I need to know Who." I reasoned. Ed scoffed. "You're calling the person Who?"

I gave him a threatening look. "I'm not gonna go Pretty Little Liars and call him 'A'."

"It's way cooler though.. But Who works too." He assured me. "So what do you know about Who's trying to eliminate you?"

"I honestly don't have anything right now.. It's just a hunch." My voice came out as a whisper but Ed heard it perfectly and my statement made him cursed.

"So I'm just going to have to search similar cases on the crime database. Similar ways of murder and targets." He said.

I hugged him. "Eden, you are the greatest!" Ed answered with a snicker and a hug. "

"I'll tell you if I find anything. Right now we should probably get to class if you don't want to experience Ms. Fitzgerald's anger."

I laughed as Ed held my hand and pulled me into a run. We ran along the empty hallways alone because we knew we were late for math class.