Chapter 11 V For Vendetta

I spent most of the night at Jeanne's, looking after Ed. It was around one that I realized Liv hadn't come back from the party and I started to worry but Jeanne said she will be okay, she usually visits another friend's room. An hour later Jeanne fell asleep on her bed. I was starting to feel tired so I decided to rest on Liv's.

My body laid down but thoughts kept flying through my mind. I kept thinking about issues. How I got here. My chances in surviving this dream school. Me being an experiment. My room that almost killed me. Basically what had happened in the past week.

I had survived two attempts of murder in the past week and I felt a sense of achievement there, even though if I fail it meant death. I met these three amazing people, one great math teacher and lived with a care-free roommate. I went to my first high school party and ended up carrying my new drunk friend out of it.

I smiled.

My slim chance on fitting in doesn't seem so slim anymore. I just need to release my worry and just relax a bit, do a great job at school or stuffs. I know I can relax and just let go of the past but it's still stuck in my head.

Me suffocating.

Someone out there tried to kill me and probably knew that they had failed. I kept asking myself to think that it was just an accident and if someone did try to kill me they'd just give up but my rational part said they'll keep trying until I stay put on my grave.

My teeth clenched. I made a solemn promise to myself.

If they are to get me...

I'll get to them first.