Chapter 7 - But Some Are

I was so caught up in my thoughts that I didn't notice the three people standing upon me. I looked up and found myself surrounded by two girls (one of them is a tall brunette while the other is a not-so tall and dark haired) and one boy who smiled sheepishly. I didn't say anything and neither did they. Then the guy broke the silence and said hi.

"Hi."

Answer. "Hi."

"Emm.. my name is Eden." He smiled nervously and took my hand then shook it. He shook my hand. I didn't shook back, so he was holding my limp hand and was just shaking it weirdly. "Okay, that was weird." He whispered to himself and went hiding behind one of the girls .

Both girls rolled their eyes. "Shut up Ed, she heard it." The brunette said.

Eden or Ed mouthed the word 'WHAT' then raised his arms like he was being blamed for doing something wrong.

"My name is Liv and she's Jeanne." The dark haired girl said and pointed on the brunette who smiled and said hi. I waved back. "Sorry about that before, Ed is just his usual self." She continued.

"HEY!" Ed shouted from Jeanne's back. Ed and Liv are now bickering while Jeanne giggled. I too smiled. Some gang I met here.

"I-It's okay. I'm glad you people came here." I interrupted the bicker.

Ed spoke up first. "You can talk?"

Liv sighed. "Yup, his normal self. Just plain stupid."

And another HEY from Ed but Liv just put up a hand. Ed sighed. All of them stared at me.

"Oh, you guys done." I said as silence passed.

Liv smiled. "What's your name?"

"Iris."

"Nice name." Jeanne spoke up.

I think I blushed a bit. "Thanks."

We all stared and smiled at each other for a while. Which for me is quiet uncomfortable but seeing these friendly faces made me forget about the awkwardness right now. The girl named Liv whose blue eyes will always shine is definitely the most confident one of all three. She is kind of like the leader of the pack and she will always fight back. I looked to Jeanne who stood next to her. She is the quiet one. Though the green eyed girl would always stand tall in the midst of a storm. Then the boy named Eden. He is the funny guy that speaks anything without a filter. The guy who will always have the girls' backs even if he knew he couldn't survive the threat. The perfect high school group. My perfect high school group.

I stopped analyzing them and blinked my eyes a few times. My stomach growled out loud and I totally forgot the fact that I haven't eaten any dinner. Everybody heard the growl and raised their eyebrows.

"It was my stomach." I said.

"Oh, in that case, we brought along dinner. Cause we saw you ran out of the cafeteria before you even grab anything. So yeah, here. Chicken salad with something dressing." Liv gave me plastic bowl filled with green salad and then gave me a plastic fork.

"Thanks." I said and quickly opened it and eat it. I've never tasted anything this good and as I forked another bunch of green leaves I saw that Ed, Jeanne, and Liv aren't eating so it felt weird.

I chewed and quickly swallowed the pieces of greens inside my mouth. "Hmm.. Care to join me?" I said as I sat down on the floor.

And then everybody followed.

***

Ed, Jeanne, Liv and I talked in the corner of the hallways. It was the first fun thing I had since I stepped a foot inside Arlington and it made me realize that I have a slim chance of fitting in and that raised hope inside me. We talked, shared stories and just have fun picking on Ed. I was still laughing when I realized we've been chatting for almost an hour. Time flies when you're having fun. It was almost curfew so we said goodbye to Ed and walked together to the girl's building. I enjoyed the company and was kind of sad to get left but they said that they live only a floor apart from me so I can come anytime I want.

I said goodbye to the two girls and went into my room and find myself alone. I don't know where Cash was and I don't want to know after the incident before. So I decided to sleep and it didn't take long for me to drift unconscious.