Chapter 18 CQC in PE (PART I)

The next day I decided it would be best not to think about Who. After the bloody incident yesterday I'd like to express my anger in a different kind of way in which does not involve self harm and PE is exactly the thing I need.

It was a Wednesday morning and PE was indeed the first subject. I woke up with my hands a bit sore so I tried not to make too much movement involving the palm. I decided to take off the bandages since the wound had closed overnight but I did pack up some new bandages in case something else happens.

Jeanne and Ed weren't in PE class today, we probably had different schedules, but I wasn't exactly in the mood to meet friends. I came here to release every thought I have on Who. And I know it wouldn't be pretty.

I tied my hair back and checked my shoes, making sure they were tied nicely, then I ran into the middle of the room where a crowd had formed surrounding the coach. "Alright.. Students." He said with a despised tone. I know that all this cocky attitude was just a cover up put the act he had put on in front of the class seemed realistic. Most of the students were actually intimidated!

The coach's false act made me smile a bit. "Today!" He walked around as he shouted words at close range. "You..." he pointed. "Are gonna.." he stopped walking. "Be divided into two groups." Coach finally finished his sentence but ended it with a suspicious smirk. Almost everyone grumbled after they saw the smirk and I stood there not knowing what was happening.

Coach's smirk fell as he commanded us to be quiet and 'quit complaining'.

He called two names upfront. "Hale and Jack! You both are team leaders for the male group! Pick your teammates!" Two tall buff looking figure came up front, with no smile they shook hands and started picking their teammates by turns.

"Jackson! Come here!" A thin familiar figure approached the coach. Her long black hair was tied into a messy ponytail and she stood beside the coach with a calm face fixed and ready. And right then and there I noticed that the calm figure was none other than Liv Jackson.

"New kid!" Coach shouted. "Paige right?"

"Uhh.. Yes sir." I answered, shocked. "Come here!"

And so I did. As I approach Liv glanced at me and gave a surprised look but she kept quiet. "Alright! Jackson and new kid here are going to be the female team leaders. Pick your teammates!" Coach shouted at my ear then leave to check on the male group.

I stood there not having a single clue about the activity that we were going to do. Liv gave me her hand and I shook it. I pulled her close and whispered loud enough only for her to hear. "What are we going to do?" I asked. Liv didn't let go of my handshake and replied. "You don't know? For sure I thought you knew because coach chose you." Liv gave me a concerned look. "Experts are usually chosen."

This answer just made me even more nerve-wrecked. "What?!" I was still whispering.

And coach cut our silent conversation with an astounding good/bad news. "You all might have guessed what are we gonna do?!" We all shouted yes... Except for me.

Coach snickered as he paced back and forth. "It's blind combat time, people!"

"What the hell?" I whispered.