02.

New Orleans: City Raining

| Summer Days |

Anthony Clayton

I woke up to the sound of Lyric slamming things. I stood up and stretched before heading down the stairs. I walked into the kitchen to see Lyric standing at the stove looking really pissed.

"Lyr what's wrong ?" I asked

"Nothin, Ant breakfast will be done in a few," Lyr said

I shrug my shoulders at her and sat down at the island . I rested my head on the table while I waited for Lyric to bring me a plate of food. Moments later Lyr walked over to the island holding two plates full of waffles and chicken. Lyric sat the plates down and grabbed the syrup and butter for the waffles.

"Ant can you get to glasses out the cabinet and the Orange Juice out the refrigerator," Lyr said pouring syrup on both mine and her waffles.

I nodded my head at her was I got up and made my way inside the kitchen. I grabbed two glasses and filled them with Orange Juice. I walked back over to the island to see Lyr already eating.

"Damn Lry you eating without a nigga," I said handing her a glass of Orange Juice

" Nigga I was hungry and ya Conehead ass was taking to long," Lyr said breaking a piece of chicken

I sat down beside her and said a quick prayer over my food before digging in. I Have to admit when Lyric can throw down in the kitchen. I'm telling yall this waffle and chick taste like it came straight from the Waffle House. I finished off the last of my food and cleared the table taking both Lyr and my plate inside the kitchen and cleaning it.

Lyric Robinson

After eating breakfast with Ant. I went into the living room and turned the television on. I'm still in a bad mood thanks to my mother for calling me early this morning bout some bullshit. I sat Indian style on the big couch channel surfing. I came across Tyler Perry Why did I Get Married. A few minutes into the movie Anthony walked into the living room and sat beside me. I rested my head on his shoulder as we both focused out attention on the movie.

"Lyr ?" Ant said

"Yes, Ant?" I asked not taking my eyes off the television

" Why were you mad earlier?" Ant asked playing in hair

"My mother called Early this morning blaming me for my father leaving her," I said laying across Anthony lap

"But ya pops left her back after ya brother passed away," Anthony said pulling the cover over me and him

" I know, she acts as if I wasn't in the car when it got hit like I could have died right along with my brother instead here I wish my older brother was still alive maybe daddy wouldn't have left," I said resting my head on Ant's chest.

Yes he is my human pillow and he doesn't mind me laying or sitting on him

"Lyr it's gonna be okay, ya mom's is gonna realize sooner or later she drove ya pops away after Roman passed by no blaming his death on ya pops and shunning her own daughter away," Ant said

I nodded my head at him continued to watch the movie. Everything Anthony was satin is true but some how I still blame myself for Roman's death.

4 hours Later

Ant and slept most of the morning watching movies and relaxing. It feels good to just spend time with my best friend without being judged or blamed for something I had no control over. The bond Ant and I have is more than with people see it as. Ant was there for me when my brother passed way, when my father packed up his things and left moved out and when my Mother left, me here in this house by myself. She left New Orleans to get away from all the 'Bad' so she said. I'm my eyes she's the bad in my life. Like Ying & Yang how there's bad inside good well she the bad inside my life. There is no good in my mother never have never will.

Ant light snores filled the room as my head still rested against this bare naked chest. I admired the artwork on Anthony's chest tracing his Tattoo on his neck and chest. Tattoos are a way of stories down here in New Orleans. Stories that some people choose to express through body art instead of talking bout it with others.