Pizza?

Pizza?

It was your first order that night and you weren't in the mood to be working. It was a Friday night and there were about a hundred and one more important things you could have been doing but here you were. Plus, the job gave you a decent amount of money, so you tried hard to not complain about it.

You hopped onto the company's motorcycle and you shoved your helmet on. Driving around on a motorcycle in the dark was scary, sure you knew this town well enough, but you were still a little terrified. You just hoped that you didn't die from trying to deliver a pizza to someone.

Soon enough you were at a small block of apartments around the posher area of town and you could easily see the apartment you needed to deliver to. The apartment was cute from the outside. There were little hanging baskets here and there and a large black front door. You rang the intercom of apartment fourteen. 1 second...2 seconds...3 sec-

"Hello?" A guy's voice finally spoke from the box and you jumped a little.

"Hi, pizza delivery here." You grinned, although the guy couldn't see you, and the front door swung open after a short beep.

"Come on up." You heard him say and you began making your way upstairs.

The interior was exactly like the exterior: beautiful. You could tell that this apartment was expensive to say the least. Finally you reached the door and knocked politely. Gentle, soft music was coming from the other side of the door and you wondered if you needed to knock again.

Apparently not.

The door was pulled open to reveal a tall guy, around your age, smiling sleepily at you. He looked familiar, with his all-over-the-place sandy blonde hair and his glazed over brown eyes. You could tell he was alone in there; after delivering many pizzas to girls and guys wearing baggy clothing and sweatpants, you began to realise who was eating alone.

"Oh good, pizza." He finally mumbled, looking down at the box and can of drink in your hand.

"That'll be ten pound fifty please." You smiled, feeling a little bit better that you decided to work tonight.

"Sure sure..." He paused, patting the non existent pockets in his sweatpants and ducked back inside the apartment, leaving the door open. "Sorry, I put it down somewhere. Come in if you like!"

As the door began to close, you guessed you had no choice but to come inside with him. It was pretty spacious for an apartment and, although the building was relatively new, it had an old, home-y feel about it. Books, records, CDs and films all lined the shelves of one wall. The furniture was old but still looked as if they were comfortable to sit on. A large flat screen tv sat on the wall and a coffee table was plopped in the middle of all the cute couches. It was a nice apartment to say the least. You decided it'd be a good idea to place the pizza and drink on the table while you waited for the guy.

"Got it! Sorry to keep you waiting." He came out of a room and rubbed his eyes, this guy looked knackered.

"It's okay, honestly." You said, taking the cash from his hands, "Well, have a nice night."

"Yeah, you too love."

And with that you left, ready to go back to work and end your night shift.

*

A week later you were back doing your night shift, moaning to your co-worker Janice about the struggles of keeping up with your flat rent, when an order was made.

"It's the same address as last week, that poor sod must be lonely." Janice laughed and your heart nearly missed a beat, wasn't this the cute guy from last week? You knew you shouldn't say that about your customers but it was true. You hadn't gave the guy much thought over the past week but now that he was on your mind you couldn't stop thinking about him.