The Fight

The Fight.

"Jesus Christ Tom!" I shout at him across the room, all my anger forcing it's way out of my mouth. The tears stream down my face and I furiously rub them away with my jumper sleeve. I can't believe he did this to me, 3 years of being a happy couple and he goes and does...this.

"Y/N...I didn't mean to, I swear I never meant to." His voice cracks and I can see the pain in his eyes. His eyebrows furrow together as he runs a shaky hand through his hair. I wouldn't of known anything had happened if I hadn't looked on the internet. I had been happily scrolling through instagram and tumblr, seeing if Thomas' new movie interview had gone okay when I stumbled across a picture I shouldn't have. A picture of him and his co-star kissing, a co-star that wasn't even his love interest for the film.

"Y/N, listen to me. It just...she...Y/N please I-"

"Shut up Thomas. Just shut up." I say, storming out of our bedroom and locking myself in the bathroom. Oh my god, what am I going to do now? I could cope when I saw him kissing other girls in movies, I could cope when I saw him kissing fans on the cheeks, and I could cope when I saw him kissing his "camera" girlfriend last year (who we got rid of, thankfully) but this was another level of not coping-ness. He didn't even have a reason to kiss her.

Half an hour later, the tears come as soon as I punch the wall and kick a hole into the plastering. I can hear Thomas swearing and crying too and I know this can't last any longer; we've never fought like this, in the last 3 years this has never happened before. What if he dumps me? What if he never really liked me? What if he's going to chuck me out and I'm going to have to live with my parents again? There are so many possibilities that I realise that it's not the kissing that bothers me anymore, it's the consequences of this fight. Over the last 3 years we've managed to get through all of the crap the paparazzi and newspapers made up and all the rumours the fans and haters said: I can't lose Tom now. But it's clear that he doesn't love me anymore...

I unlock the bathroom door and walk into the bedroom. Thomas is sprawled out on the bed, whimpering and snuffling like a little boy. As soon as he notices me in the doorway, he sits bolt up right on the bed and sniffs. His hair is dishevelled and his eyes are red and puffy, "Y/N, I am so so sorry. It was a big big mistake and she came onto me, I couldn't do anything! I swear, Jesus, you know I'd never do anything like that. Look, there is something that I've been trying to tell you for ages but it never seemed the right time. Y/N, what I'm about to say next-"

"Stop Thomas." I think about what I'm going to say next. "I love you " is three words, "Can we break up? " is four.

"I'm giving you four words, Tom. Four words that can make or break our relationship. It's up to you." I stand over him, tears building up in my eyes and I try to blink them away. For a second the only sound in the room is our uneven breathing and the beat of my heart; he's going to say it's over, isn't he? The last 3 years swim through my head and my cheeks begin to stain with tears.

Thomas stands up and wipes away my tears with his thumb. He looks directly into my eyes. A small smirk pulls at the side of his mouth and his eyes are alive with a look I've never seen before,

"Will you marry me?"

_________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: I'm guessing you weren't expecting that twist...well, maybe some of you did but, whatever!

-Leigh x