Parents

Parents.

"Oh gosh Y/N where's my tie?" Your boyfriend of six months calls down to you from your room. You were both currently living in Thomas' house and you were about to go to your parents house for dinner.

"In the top drawer babe!" You call back up and you check out your hair in the mirror. You weren't wearing anything too over the top: just a pretty outfit, a touch of make up and a nice hairdo, and Thomas was getting dressed. A nice shirt, tie, trousers, suit jacket...the whole lot. You knew too well that he was so nervous about meeting your parents.

"Thanks love," he calls back down and for a second there is silence, then, "oh...do you know where my nice shoes are?"

You search the rooms downstairs to see his shoes sitting by the front door, "Yeah they're down here! You nearly ready?"

"Yep!" And with that Thomas runs downstairs and slips on his shoes. He looks amazing, exceptionally gorgeous. He looked so formal and sweet that you couldn't help but stare at him. He notices this and starts patting down his clothing, as if there were something wrong.

"Hey stop it you! You look fine, and you'll be fine too. Just be yourself and remember, they're going to love you! I've told them so much about you that they practically love you aready. It'll be fine." You walk over to him and give him a quick kiss.

---time jump!---

"Tom, I promise you it'll be fine." You say, noticing that your boyfriend is wiping his sweaty hands on his trousers every second whilst driving to your parents house, he's so nervous. "They already like you from what I've told them!"

"I know Y/N," he wipes his right hand on his trousers, "but this is different, this is dinner with your parents, I have to impress them." He looks over at you and you can see the worry in his eyes; he's so frightened that your parents will disapprove.

You both clamber out of Thomas' car infront of your parents house and Thomas immediately starts straightening out his clothing. You walk to the front door and you can hear his shallow breathing; you look over at him and give him a reassuring smile and kiss him on the cheek before ringing the doorbell.

Your mum opens the door and pulls you into a hug, "Oh sweetie, you're here!" She says as she hugs you and after you two pull apart she moves over to Thomas and hugs him too. At first he looks a little startled but then he hugs her back and pulls away, "So, you're Thomas!" She says excitedly and grins.

"Is my little turd home?" You hear your dad shout from in the house and laugh, he's so caring. Not!

Your dad comes to the door as you and Thomas walk into the threshold of the house and Thomas immediately goes pale and tense...he's finally meeting your dad and he's nervous as hell. Go figure. To keep him calm you hold his hand and your dad looks at the two of you, "So you're the famous Thomas that Y/N won't shut up about! Nice to meet you." He says with a smile on his face and shakes Thomas's free hand. Suddenly you wonder if your father's smile is sarcastic or not but you dismiss it, not wanting to worry yourself.

"Dinner is nearly ready guys!" Your mum calls from the kitchen and my dad turns and walks off. You look over to Thomas to see he's not as pale or tense now. He looks at you and gives you a small smile; he's still nervous but you can tell he's relaxed a little after the initial meet and greet.

"If your parents don't like me...I don't know what I'll do, I don't want to lose you Y/N. I love you. I really do." There's so much worry in his voice you wonder why he thinks your parents will hate him; Thomas is perfect.

"I love you too Tom. And believe me, you're not going to lose me." You stand in front of him and kiss him, trying to put all of your emotion into it. Thomas kisses you back and you can feel him relaxing.