He's My Bestfriend

He's My Bestfriend.

To: Tom x

Meet me? On my way to yours, freaking freezing. Need a hug so badly :'( xxxx

I pressed the send button and tucked my phone back into my coat so it didn't get wet. I turned a corner and nearly slipped on the pavement curb, I honestly hated British weather. I wouldn't even have to be out here, in the rain, if it wasn't for him.

I trudged down the road towards Thomas' house, my body wrapped in layers of dull and thick clothing and a black umbrella over my head due to the typical autumn weather. A car drove past me and soaked my feet, causing me to swear and get more upset. Like that was even possible, I thought to myself. I let out a huge sigh and realised how much I needed to see Tom, he made everything better, even this situation. Thomas had been my bestfriend since as long as I could remember and he'd always been there for me; even if he was away on set for a film, half way around the world, he'd call me just to make sure I'm alright. And that's one of the many reasons I was on my way to his house.

I reached his porch and he instantly opened the door, even before I knocked, "Y/N I was just about to go see you, I got your text. C'mere." I put my umbrella down and he crushed me in a tight, rain soaked, hug. "C'mon, lets sit you down." He said as he pulled of my coat, his brown eyes were full of concern as he looked into my own bloodshot eyes. I sat down onto his couch as he started to make us hot chocolates, my favourite hot drink. I stared around the room and I began to feel warmer, the familiar smells and colours of Tom's house made me feel happier...a little. After what seemed like forever of me trying not to cry, Tom walked back into the sitting room with two huge mugs of hot chocolate: whipped cream, marshmallows, the lot. He passed me one and sat down. His forehead creased as he inspected my face. My eyes were bloodshot from crying and I knew the mascara had dried after it had all poured down my face. I could tell my nose was running too, so I wiped it away with my jumper sleeve.

"Tell me what happened, Y/N." Tom said as he crossed his legs and faced me. I did the same.

"He just...he dumped me. Like thirty minutes ago, when we were having a meal for our one year anniversary of being together!" I cried and the tears fell onto my lap,

"That fucking idiot. What a moron, seriously, oh my gosh. Why? I don't understand, you're all a guy could ever want."

"Apparently not," I wimpered, taking a sip of hot chocolate at the same time, "He'd been cheating on me for the last six months and I didn't know a thing! Thomas, why am even crying? I hate him!" I put my mug down and so did Tom, noticing my distress.

"Oh my god. That little - Look, Y/N, you're crying because you're upset that you just lost the guy you love right? Well, he didn't deserve you, you're so much better than him. He had no right to cheat on you and, if it's any consolation I hate him too. Give me ten minutes and I'll go grab a chainsaw okay? If you go get the rope and tie him to a tree, it'll be a lot easier for me to kill him." A small smile broke out on Tom's face, causing me to laugh.

"Shut up Tom, you'd never hurt a fly. Plus, since when did you own a chainsaw? Please don't say you have a freaky secret chainsaw fetish because then I will have to completely disown my one and only friend."

"Ha ha very funny. Yeah I know, but seriously I'll break his face for breaking your heart!" Thomas said seriously,

"Aww, see, that's why you're my bestfriend!" I said, poking him in the stomach. Suddenly his face turned from looking serious to looking offended, "What?" I ask,

"I'm your bestest bestfriend!" He joked and started to tickle me. Waves of laughter rolled out of my mouth and I forgot about how sad I felt; Tom just had that effect. "Tommmmm! Stop it!" I said as I giggled.

"Okay, okay sorry. You alright now?"

"Yeah. You've made me feel a lot better, thanks Tommy. You always make me feel a lot better." I nudged his arm and I swear his cheeks went red. I then remembered something that he said a few minutes earlier: "you're all a guy could ever want." Um, no. I'm nothing that a typical guy could ever want. Typical guys want girls who are stick thin, who wear tonnes of makeup and have big boobs and a big bum. I'm none of that.

"Tom what did you mean earlier? Um, it was something about me being all a guy could ever want?" I asked, curious about what he was going to say,

"Um, well it's true, y'know. You're amazing, so talented, in-"

"No Tom," I said, making him stop talking, and said what I thought, "Most guys want a girl who is thin, but have big boobs and a big bum and they want a girl who is really pretty and wear a lot of make up and dress really prettily and.. ugh, you get what I mean don't you? That's not me. I'm not 'all a guy could ever want'" I stared him dead in the eye and I saw the blush had returned to his cheeks - he was blushing like a teenage boy.

"Erm..um..well, what I meant was, I meant...you're all I could ever want. I'm not all other guys, I'm me. And I think you're all I could ever want. Jeez, I've been wanting to say that for a long time." He said as he started to smile at how clichéd he sounded. I could tell he meant it, after being his bestfriend forever I could tell he meant it. And it didn't bother me, because somehow I knew I felt the same way...doing the clichéd thing of falling in love with your boy bestfriend,

"Same Tom. Same."

_________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

Sorry if it's too clichéd but personally I find it kinda romantic and cute if you fell in love wih your boy best friend

- Leigh x