The Boy Next Door(Chapter 3)

***Madelyn's POV***

"Can you get that?" My dad asks.

"Yeah." I say as I walk to the door to see who it is.

I open the door to see a blonde haired, blue eyes boy with braces.

"Who are you?" I ask.

"I live next door. My mum told me to bring these over for the guest here. I'm guessing you're the guest." He says with an Irish accent.

He hands me a bouquet of flowers.

"Thank you. Um would you like to come in?" I ask.

"Sure for a few minutes." He replies as he walks into the house.

"Who is here Mady?" Dad asks.

"The boy next door." I say.

"Oh hello. Did you need something?" Dad asks the boy as he walks into the living room.

"Oh my mother wanted me to deliver a bouquet of flowers to your daughter. She said it was her first time being here and she wanted to welcome her here." He smiles.

"Oh that is very nice of you." Dad says.

"Yes. I better be going. I have to hook up with some of my mates. Bye." He says as he walks back out of the door.

"Hey. Why don't we just order pizza tonight. We can make it one of those game nights we used to have when you were little." Dad smiles.

"That sounds good to me." I say.

It starts getting dark so I go into the bathroom and change into my PJ's. I slip on some baggy sweatpants and a skin tight cami and I put my hair in a messy bun.

"Ok I just ordered the pizza. It'll be here in about 10 minutes." Dad says.

"Good." I smile as I pull out my stuffed zebra out of my bag.

"Hey isn't that the zebra I got for you when you were just a little girl for your birthday? It's name was Dream wasn't it?" He asks.

"Yeah. I've slept with it ever since I was 4." I smile.

"Wow. I didn't think you still had it." He laughs.

Dad turns on the TV.

"What movie do you wanna watch? I can get any movie you want." Dad says.

"Batman!" I yell.

"You like batman?" He asks.

"Yes I love it!" I squeal.

"You're definitely my daughter all right." Dad laughs.

Suddenly there is a knock at the door. Dad gets up and gets the pizza.

"Yum! I'm starved!" I yell.

We finish the whole pizza by the time the movie is over.

"What's for dessert?" I ask.

"I don't know. I don't have any chocolate. You can look and see what I have though." He says.

I walk to the kitchen to see what he has. I'm craving chocolate so bad!! He has no ice cream, no cake, brownies, NOTHING!! Although, I had an idea. I get flour, sugar, chocolate chips, butter, baking soda, and everything else I need.

"What are you doing in there?" Dad asks.

"You'll see." I say.

I stir everything together and bake cookies. Mom taught me how to make the secret family recipe cookies. I want to surprise Dad to see if he likes them. I walk back into the living room and sit on the couch.

"What is that delicious smell?" He asks.

"I'm something special for you." I smile.

"Whatever it is, I know I'll like it because it smells so good!" He growls.

"Calm yourself." I laugh.

The timer goes off a while later and I run into the kitchen to get the cookies out of the oven. I bring a plate I them into the living room for dad to try. He takes a big bite out if one.

"Um Madelyn. I don't know how to say this to you." He says with a disgusted look on his face.

"Yeah?" I ask nervously.

"Well, these are......the best cookies that I have ever tasted!" He yells.

"Thanks dad." I laugh.

After we finish eating the cookies, I go to bed. I have my own room.

"Good night daddy. I love you." I say.

"Good night princess, I love you too." He says as he pulls me in for a hug.

I go off to bed and keep thinking about that boy that came over today. His face just looked so perfect and his accent topped it off. Wow Madelyn. What are you saying? You don't know this boy. Hmmmmm. I think this is like love at first sight. Unusual but true.....