Faults

A/N: Hey guys! I will start posting chapters almost weekly now so yay! Here is a new chapter and I hope you guys have a wonderful week!!

Calum's POV (2 week time jump)

It was my fault and as much as I hate to admit it, I should be the one to apologize. It was mainly my pride that stood in the way of doing so. The final competition was coming up in less than two months now and I hadn't been practicing much after what had happened. Ditching soccer practice wasn't like me, but every time I thought of seeing Luke, I would freak out.

I groaned and sat on my bed. I bounced the ball from my hands to the wall, over and over again as if this would help to clear my head. I gave up and headed out to my living room to see Ashton passed out on my couch.

"Hey mate," I said, shaking him. I was wary not to get to close because he reeked of alcohol. "I'm going out to buy pizza. Do you want a slice?"

He grumbled under his breath and I took it as a yes.

"Alright then. I'll be back in a few." With that, I grabbed my jacket and headed out onto the familiar streets. Ashton had been going down a spiral since he broke up with his girlfriend. He was always found passed out in my apartment in the morning, only moving to get more beer at night.

I walked down two blocks and made a left turn, entering a small but cozy pizza place that I frequently went to with the gang- before everything turned to hell.

"2 slices of plain pizza and 2 slices of mushroom and pineapple. Thanks," I said to someone working over the counter.

I glanced to my right at the dining area. Are you fucking kidding me. There sat Luke and Michael shamelessly eating at the place I introduced them to. Was this a date? No, it can't be. Technically, Luke and I were still together.

I stood there, fuming and trying to figure out what to do. I could get my food and forget what just happened -- forget Luke. There was the better option, confronting Luke. So I stormed over to their table, looming over them and staring right at Luke. It didn't take them much time to notice me and Luke's surprised face was worth it.

"What- what are you doing here?" Luke said, clearly caught off guard and stuttering.

"The real question is, what are you doing here... with him?" I said, keeping my voice growly and low.

"Eating?" Michael said, unfazed and taking another bite out of his pizza.

"Are you here to start another argument? I'm getting really tired of this," Luke said.

"You're getting tired of this? What about me? Have you even considered what I might be going through seeing you wih Michael all the time when I'm your boyfriend?"

"How many time do we have to go through this?" Luke said, looking around at surrounding tables.

I had begun to attract attention. I took a deep breath and exhaled. "I'm not trying to pick a fight with you. I just want to talk. Please, Luke, can we talk somewhere else?"

Luke was hesitant, but with a nod from Michael, he stepped out with me.

"What do you want?" Luke snapped.

"Have you moved on already?" I said, leaning onto the wall.

Luke crossed his arms in front of me and kicked his foot. "What are you talking about?"

"You know."

"Seriously? Michael? It has nothing to do with him. Why are you doing this with me?"

"I'm just trying to figure out what's going on between you two."

Luke stared at me with disbelief. "Wow. Just because my best friend happened to have dated me in the past, doesn't mean we are hooking up. It doesn't mean that I still don't fucking love you. You know what fucking sucks Calum? Dealing with this shit from my boyfriend and I still love you like the day we met."

I couldn't say anything for a while. I had brought Luke outside prepare to give him a speech on how I was right about everything, but maybe I wasn't. Maybe it was all my fault and it had taken me this long to figure it out.

Luke ran his finger through his hair, his hand falling back to the same crossed position. "Are we done?" His voice was cracking and I knew he was close to tears.

"Yes- I mean no. Look, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for everything. You're right. I use Michael as an excuse every time we hit a rough patch and it isn't fair to you; I realize that now."

Luke let out a dry laugh. He kept his hand over his mouth and his other arm still wrapped around him. "Yeah. Calum, I think we need a break."

I looked up at him, finally noticing with I had been ignoring the entire time. He had grown tired of my antics and me. He had grown tired of me.

"Call me tomorrow. We both need time to think. This is what's best for us now." Luke turned around and headed back into the pizza place, not once turning around to look back at me.

I walked away, half expecting Luke to burst out of the door and come running to me. He didn't.
And I forgot my fucking pizza.