Chapter Seven

Word Count: 1675

Thorin entered the room and he sat across from Madison. "What are you doing here?" grumbled Madison, and she looked away from him. "Miss Van Buren, I know I've said and done some horrible things to you, and I must apologize and take back all the things I've said to you. You had all of worried when you had left, I thought something bad had happened to you." said Thorin. "Well, I'm sitting here now." said Madison, grumpily. Thorin sighed. And now she is wanting to be difficult, thought Thorin. "Madison, if something were to happen to you, I wouldn't know what to do. Madison, I have something to tell you, something that I've been holding back for quite some time." began Thorin. Madison looked at Thorin, and she could see his face expression had a mixture of emotions, emotions she could not yet read. "Thorin, what are you trying to tell me?" asked Madison quietly.

"What I'm trying to tell you is I am in love with you, Madison. You are an amazing and strong woman, and I've seen how well you tolerated all of us, especially my nephews." said Thorin. Madison chuckled. "Your nephews are a delight, Thorin--they make me feel young again, just their personality. Their mother has raised them well!" said Madison. Thorin smiled. "Your youngest sister reminded me a lot of my sister--she's quite the fiery one." said Thorin. "Yes Sadie is known to be a tad bit reckless." said Madison. "And you're not? What was that called when you turned yourself into a dragon?" joked Thorin. "Oh, try and rub it on me, why don't you?" shot back Madison. Thorin laughed. "Alright, alright--I won't! Supper is ready if you wish to join us." said Thorin. "Yes, but I have to get a bath first before I do!" said Madison grinning. "That is already arranged, Miss Van Buren! My daughter will escort you to the bath house." said Elrond, stepping into the room.

"I will wait for you right here. Go on! You smell of dragon!" said Thorin. "Ha ha, very funny!" said Madison. Arwen soon entered the room, as she escorts Madison to the bath houses. An hour later, Madison left the bath house, ad she entered the guest room where she stayed in, now wearing a beautiful light green and blue gown that Arwen had loaned her. She could see plainly that Thorin is staring at her. "What?" said Madison. "You--you look so beautiful--words cannot express how lovely you look!" gasped Thorin. Madison laughed. "You look like a goober derp staring at me like that! Yes, I'm wearing a dress--it's been a long time since I worn one." said Madison. "Shall we?" said Thorin, extending his arm. Madison smiled and she took Thorin's arm and they walked out of the guest room, and they entered the Dining Hall. "Ah, Sleeping Beauty has awakened!" exclaimed Sadie. "And she's arm in arm with the Prince who woke her!" added in Bofur.

"Ha ha, very funny all of you!" said Madison. "We thought you would never come out here! I thought you would sleep the entire day!" said Alexandra. "You know I wouldn't sleep the entire day." said Madison, as she sat down at the table with Gandalf and Elrond, and Thorin soon joined them. "So, Miss Van Buren! As Our Uncle asked you yet?" spoke up Fili. "Ask me what?" said Madison. "Fili!" hissed Thorin. "Ask me, what Fili?" demanded Madison. "Never mind, I'll ask you later!" said Fili as he took notice of his Uncle's glare, and he sat down. "He shouldn't be prying in my affairs, Miss Van Buren! Now let's eat!" said Thorin. So, they're going to leave me in the dark! Fine, be that way! thought Madison. During supper, Gandalf and Elrond began to discuss Thorin and Gandalf's weapons. Madison was starting to feel rather bored, since she had just finished her meal. It wasn't long for the topic to change when Thorin excused himself from the table.

"Are you joining me, Miss Van Buren?" asked Thorin. "Of course!" said Madison, as she stood up and followed Thorin away from table as they sat down nearby the rest of the Company. Suddenly, Fili approached them. Shit, what does he want now? thought Madison. "Well, did you ask her, Uncle?" asked Fili softly. "Asked her what?" said Thorin. "Did you ask her to court you like you said you was going to ask her before we got here!" Fili replied. "Now Fili, that is none of your business!" hissed Thorin. "You mean to tell me--!" began Fili. "ENOUGH, Fili! I will ask her eventually!" snapped Thorin, and Fili went to sit down. "Your nephew sure is a pest." said Madison. "They're both pests. They've been pests since childhood! I thought they would out grown that by now?" grumbled Thorin.