Chapter Twenty

Thorin and Madison enters the Great Hall, and they could see thousands of Dwarves already inside. Madison felt a little nervous because she could see all eyes turned to her and Thorin, as they entered.   "That's the woman! She's the one who saved our King!" whispered a dwarf woman in the crowd.  "She has two sisters, whom also said helped in battle as well--I heard there is something special about these women!" said another dwarf woman.  "What do you mean, special?" asked the first Dwarf Woman. "I hear that our hero is a witch!" whispered the second dwarf woman.  "Madison, are you alright? Are you coming?" asked Thorin.  "I'll be right there in a minute, Thorin!" said Madison, quickly, as she stood and continued to listen to the ladie's conversation.  Thorin nodded and he headed towards the large table.   Meanwhile, Madison stood, as she listened to the women talk more. "A witch?! You mean to tell me OUR KING is going to marry a witch? I'm sure that's going to bode well with the Royal Council--The nerve of the King! He should know better to marry someone through his own race! And what does he do? Marry the first whore he finds!" snapped one dwarf woman. 

 Madison couldn't believe she is hearing this.  "Well then, we should allow our King to marry that broad! He deserves someone better--someone of his own race, and not some witch, Mahal only knows what she'll do to him!" said another woman.  When Madison heard the conversation, it angered her. How could they feel this way after she had saved the Line of Durin. Madison angrily marched away, as she went and joined the others at the table.   Madison sat down, and dinner had been served, after Thorin made a brief speech.  "Madison, you hardly touched your plate! What's wrong?" asked Alexandra, as she took notice of her sister's distress. "They already hate me already!" grumbled Madison. "What are you talking about, Madison?!" said Alexandra.  "As Thorin and I entered the Great Hall, I over heard a group of dwarf women talk about me, and the words weren't very nice.  It seems everyone knows now that we're witches." said Madison. "SHIT!" Alexandra exclaimed loudly.  "What's going on over there?" asked Thorin. 

 "We'll discuss it later, Thorin. Right now, we must enjoy the feast!" said Madison.  Once supper is over,   it was social time, alongside with music and dancing.  Thorin and Madison walked around, alongside with Dis, as they introduced her to some of the noble families, alongside newly appointed members of the Royal Council.   To Madison's surprise, many of them liked her, and praised her of her herotics, of saving Thorin, Fili and Kili. "She'll make a fine queen!" said an Elderly dwarf named Virgil Silver Hammer. "Thank you, my lord!" said Madison. "Please, just call me Virgil! You'll be family soon and part of us!" said Virgil kindly.  Virgil introduces his wife, Natasha to them.   "We have a daughter whom will soon be working for you, dear.  Her name is Anna, she will be your maid! Ah! Here she is now!" exclaimed Natasha, as a red haired dwarf woman approached.  "Hello, my lady! I'm Anna, daughter of Virgil and Natasha Silver Hammer, at your service!" said Anna, with a curtsy.  

 Madison, smiled. "It's a pleasure of meeting you, Lady Anna!" said Madison.  And the two of them talked for quite some time, and became fast friends.    

********************************************************************************************

   After talking with the Silver Hammers for a while, another dwarf family appeared.  It was the Copper Silvers.  Thorin rolled his eyes and sighed.  He remembered the Copper Silvers well, and he despised them as he remembered years ago before Smaug's attack that Thorin's Grandfather, Thror, had arranged (against Thorin's will) marriage to the Copper Silver's daughter,  Aria.  Thorin had never trusted the Copper Silvers, because they are reputed and known to be very manipulative and also they are known thieves as well.   Thorin remembered breaking the betrothal contract with Aria, as they both agreed that the two of them weren't ready to marry.  And now he saw Aria, and her parents, Fern and Maria Copper Silver.  "Good evening, Your Majesty! Long time no see old friend! And whom do we have here? Is this your savior everyone has been talking about?" asked Fern.  "Yes, this is my future wife, Madison--she saved me and my nephews during the Battle." Thorin replied.