Chapter 16

"Shh. It's okay." Harry whispers to me. My eyes are clamped shut, trying to tune out the constant beating on the door.

"Hey, look at me. Look at me." he whispers gently to me. I slowly open my eyes and look into Harry's.

After a while, the beating stops. I flinch as I hear a rough, deep voice yell.

"I KNOW YOU'RE IN THERE STYLES! YOU'RE THE REASON MY BROTHER'S DEAD! AND I BELIEVE IT'S ONLY FAIR TO RETURN THE FAVOUR." he yells. After that, it's silence.

I instantly relax and slump to the floor. I place my head in my hands.

"Is he gone?" I ask quietly.

"Yeah."

"I can't believe he just left like that." I say. If James' brother is anything like James, I was expecting much more.

"I know. It's not like Rick to do that." Harry says. He scrunches his eyes in concentration and paces. After a moment, his eyes pop open.

Next thing I know, he grabs my hand and pulls me up. He tugs me out the door and to the car.

"Harry, I haven't got a shirt-"

He turns and looks around. He finds a shirt of his strewn on the backseat. He hands it to me.

"Put this on." he instructs. I quickly pull the shirt on over my head. Harry starts the ignition and speeds off.

"Harry." no answer. "Harry." he keeps his eyes on the road. "HAROLD EDWARD STYLES! What in the world is going on?" I ask, frustrated that he didn't answer me.

"Rick wouldn't have just left. He's just like his brother. Now think, if James knew you were with me, we wouldn't have the kids. What would James have done?" Harry asks.

My eyes dilate and I gasp as I realise that Harry's right. James always had a target. Whether it was me, Harry, the boys, or...

"The kids." my voice is barely a whisper. Harry whips out his phone.

"Call the boys. Tell them to get somewhere safe upstairs, keep the kids quiet, and no matter what, do NOT open the door." he instructs. He throws me his phone and, surprisingly, I catch it.

I quickly dial the first number that comes to mind.

"Hellooo." Liam's voice answers.

"Liam, it's Alli, you have to listen to me." I start.

"Oh, hold on Alli, someone's at the door."

"NO LIAM DO NOT OPEN THE DOOR!!!" I yell frantically.

"Why not?" he asks.

"Listen to me, tell everyone to go upstairs, lock yourselves in a room. Keep the kids calm and quiet and DO NOT open the door." I say in a rush of words.

"Okay but-"

"Liam, you have to trust me. If you don't do exactly as I say, one of you guys or the kids could get hurt." I say.

"Alright." he says, an authoritative edge to his voice.

"And stay quiet. All of you. No one makes a sound. Harry and I'll be there in a bit. I love you guys." I say and then swallow a lump in my throat.

"We love you too." Liam says and then we both hang up.

I close my eyes and lean my head back on the headrest.

I hope they're okay. I just want everyone to be okay.

...............................

"I see them. Allison, stay right here in this car. Do not, no matter what you see, no matter what you hear, DO NOT leave this car." Harry instructs. I know he can see the fear in my eyes.