Chapter 46

"I know it's going to take time for you to forgive me, Alli. I don't blame you. What I did was wrong and terrible. But just know, that I will never hurt you that way ever again." he says. I'm listening, but I'm not at the same time if that even makes sense.

"Think about it like this, Harry. How did you feel when I liked Niall after I had lost my memory?" I ask him.

"Terrible."

"And then when I kissed him how did you feel?" I look up into his eyes.

"Betrayed, cheated on, angry, like I wanted to punch a wall. And I did, eventually." 

"That's exactly how I feel. Except multiplied by ten thousand." I tell him and his face turns sorrowful. 

"I really am sorry." he says for what seems like the fifteen-catrillionth time.

"I know you are. Which is why I'm one-hundred percent damn sure you won't do something like this ever again." 

"So, does that mean you forgive me?" he asks.

I sigh. "I do. I did as soon as you told me. It's true, what you said. I'm not stupid. I just love you too much to let you go." 

"I love you." he says and laces our fingers together. I rest my head on his shoulder and we sit there like that for a while, the silence saying everything we need it to.

"We'll be back in a few hours, we're just gonna go take the kids to the zoo." I inform my sister.

"Alright. Call if you need anything. Stay safe, you guys." Bree says, kissing Brooklyn, Daliah, and Nick on the nose.

"Bye Aunty Bree." Daliah giggles.

"Bye sweetie. Have fun, okay?" 

"Otay." 

"Daddy, Daddy! Look!" Brooklyn squeals, pointing to the monkeys.

"What kind of animal is that, Nick?" I ask him. 

"Monkey," he answers, smiling and then imitates a monkey. "Oooo ooo aaah aah!" he says, gaining a few laughs and smiles from the people around us.

"Daddy, can we see the birdy's next?" Brooklyn asks. 

"Yep. To the birds we go!" Harry answers, picking her up in his arms and swinging her around.

"Would you like to hold one, Brooklyn?" the attendant named Elena asks.

"Yes." she answers.

"What do we say, Brooklyn?" 

"Yes, please." she corrects, smiling widely at the nice lady.

"Okay, hold out your hand like this, and I'll give you some seeds." she instructs and Brooklyn does as she's told. "Alright, now just wait for the birds to come." Elena says after she pours the seeds in Brooklyn's tiny palm.

"Mummy look! There's a birdy!" Daliah exclaims from Harry's arms, pointing frantically.No sooner than she says that, a bird lands on Brooklyn's arm, pecking at the seeds in her hand. She squeals in surprise, slightly scared at how suddenly the magestic, winged creature came, but then her face is filled with nothing but joy. Harry gets out his phone, snapping pictures of our daughter.

"Would you guys like to try?" Elena turns to us.

"Sure." I agree and she does the same that she did with Brooklyn, pouring seeds in both mine and Harry's hands.

"Alright, now wait for the birds to come." Harry says to Daliah.Three birds swoop down out of nowhere, perching on Harry's shoulders, arms, and one on top of his head.