Chapter 48

"Have you ever met her family before?" I ask Devin.

"Yeah," he answers. "I went to visit her over the summer." 

"Where does she live?" Harry asks.

"Colorado." 

"Wow, that's a long way to fly." I comment and Devin agrees.

"I helped her pay for it and everything. I hated the idea of her spending so much money, especially considering I'm going to propose to her." he says and I watch as a smile makes it's way to his face.

"Okay so, tell me about this grand plan that you and Harry have put together. How're you going to propose to her?" I ask, settling back in my seat.

"Well," Devin sighs. "She's gonna be here for over a week, so I wanted to wait a couple days before actually proposing to her." he starts.

"Good. You don't want to overwhelm her as soon as she gets here. Women hate that. Go on." I encourage.

"I'm gonna let her get to know you guys and the family first, ya know, get comfortable around you and everything. Maybe you and the rest of the girls could go out with her and have a spa day or something?" Devin suggests.

"That sounds like a good idea. We'll get to know her better and she'll get to know us better. I'm sure the rest of the girls won't mind."

"Great," he continues. "Throughout the period of a couple days, we would do different activities. Some will involve the entire family, others will just be dates for me and her and maybe you and Harry too. Like double dates and stuff." 

"Oh, and don't mention anything about weddings or marriage or kids or anything related to that at all. Don't talk about it unless she brings it up." Harry interjects, looking directly at me.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?" I question.

"Because I know you," he says. "And you like to drop hints, making people go crazy with anticipation." he smiles. "I could already see the wheels turning in your head."

Darn it. He's right.

"Fine, fine. I won't say anything." I promise. But the girls will-

"And you'd better warn the girls too. Especially El. She can barely hold water, so unless she's specifically told not to say anything, she will." Harry continues. He knows me too well. That, or he could read it on my face.

"Alright, alright I get it. No one says anything about marriage or children or weddings. Now can we please stop talking about my apparent problem for dropping hints about things that are going on. What else did you guys plan?"

"When the actual day comes, I'm gonna take her out all day while you guys get everything ready at home."

"What do you mean 'get everything ready at home'?"

"I want it to be a family thing. My idea was to have a type of scavenger hunt that ends with me proposing to her. She'll probably just think it's something fun I put together for Thanksgiving. It's just gonna be you and Savannah on the scavenger hunt, though. The rest of the family will be with me setting up in the park, right next to the massive water fountain." Devin says.

"Sounds like she's gonna like it. I definitely would. I still can't believe my baby brother's getting married." 

"She has to say yes first." he laughs. Call it women's intuition, but I know she'll say yes. There's no doubt in my mind.

"I'm gonna go get something to eat. I'll be right back, okay?" I inform the boys.

"Do you want me to come with you?" Harry offers but I kindly decline, leaving a kiss to his cheek before going in the direction where all the food is. I think I'm in the mood for pizza, so I head over to the line for Sbarro's.