Chapter 44

*Harry's POV*

When I wake up, Allison's not beside me. I have just a few moments before she walks in from the bathroom, her hair dripping wet and a towel wrapped around her. She doesn't greet me or even glance my way.

I get up and go over to her, wrapping my arms around her waist from behind.

"Morning," I kiss her on the cheek but get no response.

"Can you let go of me, please? I'd like to get dressed," she says, her voice stiff.

"Why didn't you wait for me? We could've showered together. Ya know, saved water and all."

"You were asleep."

"I could help you get dressed," I whisper in her ear. "Or...undressed," I say lowly and my hands travel to her front. She flinches away from my touch and I can see the tears starting to form in her eyes.

"Does...does it hurt," I whisper softly to her. She sniffles, wiping her tears away with her hands. "Allison?"

She nods her head, still not looking me in the eyes. I sigh.

"Come 'ere," I say softly to her and turn her around to face me. "I'm sorry, okay? I should've controlled myself with you."

After a few moments of silence, I ask, "Is there anything I can do?"

"No, Harry," she sniffles. "There's nothing you can do."

And with that, she disentangles from my embrace and goes back into the bathroom.

What have I done? What.have.I.done?

I can see why she's so upset with me. I cheated on her. Something I thought I'd never do. I remember when it happened. It seems like so long ago.

*Flashback*

"Harry," I hear her voice call from the top of he stairs. "Where are you going?"

"Recording session." I lie, not daring to meet her eyes.

"Well...when will you be back?" she asks, her voice small.

"I don't know. I'll see you later." I dismiss

"Harry," she says and I ignore her. "Harry." she says again, and I ignore her further. She stands in front of me, blocking me from going any farther.

"Goddammit Harry Edward Styles look at me!!" she yells at me and I'm startled at both her harsh words and tone.

"What?" I bite back.

"Harry, I know you have to work. But I need you! The kids need you! And if you're too caught up in work to care for your family, then maybe we should just leave!" she yells at me.

"You are so ungrateful! If it wasn't for what I do, we wouldn't be living in this house or have the things we have!" I yell back.

"HARRY WHAT'S THE POINT OF HAVING ALL OF THIS IF YOU WON'T EVEN PAY ATTENTION TO ME!? OR YOUR OWN KIDS MORE IMPORTANTLY!"

In a wave of anger, I push her up against the wall, harshly gripping her arms.

"WELL YA KNOW WHAT?! IF I DIDN'T HAVE YOU OR THE KIDS, LIFE WOULD BE SO MUCH EASIER! I'D BE ABLE TO JUST SING AND NOT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE!"

"Ouch, Harry you're hurting me." she whimpers and I see the tears begin to roll down her delicate face.

"Daddy? What are you doing ot Muma?" I hear Brooklyn's voice and my grip is immediately let go.