Chapter 6 ~ It's a date!

The following night after I got out of the hospital, Elliot decided to take me to dinner in order to replenish my "lost weight" from the time in the hospital. I mean it's not like I died or anything. I just got the shit beat out of me, but I'm not dying.

"Is a fancy restaurant really necessary? Why not like... A McDonalds or something?" I asked when we parked in front of the Mexican restaurant called La Fountain.

Elliot put his car in park and turned to me. "You were unconscious in the fucking hospital and all you want is McDonalds? Come on, I'm paying so this " fancy" restaurant is free food. Now get out." He order, turning the keys to take them out. I grunted as loudly as humanly possible as I opened my door and swung it open. I slammed it behind me and turned around, glancing around the white ground, shivering at the cold.

"Come on!" Elliot shot. I rolled my eyes and turned on my heels to walk into the restaurant. Elliot walking closely behind me after holding the door open. I glanced around, smelling the diabetes in the air as we stood at the hosts desk. The lady with bright gray hair and plain looking clothes came up to us, her Aura a mixture of red and blue. Well, talk about a mixture of sadness with her life.

"Just two?" She stressed.

Elliot nodded, but I think he sensed the tension coming off her because he didn't say anything else, instead we just walked behind her to a booth at the corner. Once we sat she smiled. "My name is Emily, I am the host, Jax will be your server for the night. He will be here in a moment." She said, setting the menus down in front of us and walking away.

I watched as she left, scoffing at the way she moved her hips, obviously wanting her ass to be the main show. "Talk about insecure and a big liar." I said.

"Mm! You got that right. But that ass," he chuckled. I shot him a warning look and he rolled his eyes. "Oh what? I can't check out a girls ass? Have you turned to feminism?" He asked.

"No, I just don't see the appeal of a person's ass. I like the colors they give off." I say truthfully. I reached for a chip and dipped it in salsa, putting all of it in my mouth.

"So if it was Purple Aura's ass you wouldn't be staring?" He asked and I choked on my chip, literally choked. My eyes went big and with every cough to clear my throat, my stomach screamed in pain.

"I'm going to kill you..." I strained, but coughed once again, until the chip finally was out of my throat. I spit it into a napkin and shoved it to the other side of the table. I glared at Elliot who looked so amused I thought he may disappear behind all that triumph.

"Did ya have a nice coughing trip? Did you meet lung and esophagus on the way?" He teased, going into a chuckling fit.

I sucked in air and looked down at my menu, not saying another word to my dull, gray companion. He can be so rude sometimes. I mean I'm dying in front of him and all he can do is shove his ego and sarcasm in my face. I mean, don't get me wrong, I have a doctors degree in sarcasm, but he beats me by a mile... Ya know.. When he wants to.

"Seems like its been a while, Ax." A voice said, a voice so familiar to me that my head shot up instantly to meet a familiar Aura. One of a kind color. Purple.

"Jax! Hey... Uh... Yeah it's been a while, how've you been?" I asked, immediately dropping my menu to focus on the one person I've been secretly dying to see again.

Jax lifted a brow. "Jax? Did you just call me Jax? What happened to Radar?" He pouted. Actually pouted, Jesus this day was getting better and better.

I smirked. "Yeah, I kind of over heard it when I was passed out." I say sheepishly.

He grinned. "Well, now you know my real name, is Axel yours?" He asked, putting some stank in my name.

"What? My real name?" I asked.

He nodded.

"Of course it is, unlike you I don't lie to people about my name." I say matter-of-factly.

Elliot cleared his throat with an awkward chuckle. "Well, uhm, as fun as this is I came here for food." He offered.

Jax nodded. "Right, well what can I get you guys?" He asked, pulling out his notepad and pen.

I smiled at the motion, hiding my present blush. I looked down at the light gray menu and scanned over it and picked the first thing I saw. "I would like a Small combo smothered with cheese and a coke to go with it." I spoke, smiling at him.

He chuckled and nodded. Elliot, being himself, ordered the exact same thing except he got a sprite instead. We gave Jax the menus and with one more stare into the eyes, he turned and walked away. I watched after him until he turned the corner into the kitchen.

"I saw that," Elliot said. I turned my head with a confused look.

"Saw what?"

"You and him," he raised his eyebrows in a pattern that I finally caught on to.

I blushed instantly. "Oh-oh no! That... What? No! That is a major misunderstanding!" I just gave up smashing my head into the table to hide my major blush. Elliot laughing in my ears but I didn't lift my head.

"Sprite for Elliot and Coke for Axel." Jax said, setting them down in front of us. I saw his eyes travel to my busted lip and bruised cheek and his eyebrows furrowed instantly. "Who gave you the shiner?" He asked.

"What?" Stupid reaction.

"The shiner, the punch?" He asked as if I could was slow.

"O-oh! Uhm... No one of importance. It was something someone did to me. I kind of deserved it for talking out of term." I shrugged, taking a sip of the coke in front of me.

"Oh... Well hey, I don't work tomorrow, wanna hang out tomorrow? Maybe go somewhere with me?" He asks, smiling.

I looked at Elliot who was smiling like an idiot, enjoying the show. I kicked him under the table and he saw my plea. His eyes gave me the answer.

I turned to him with a smile. "Sure, I have school but after I can hang out." I offered.

He snapped his fingers and offered a crooked smirk. "I'll take it." And he disappeared into the kitchen.

"Did I just agree to that?" I asked after actually processing what happened.

Elliot nodded. "I'm afraid so. Oh well, you guys will have fun... Hopefully." He smirked.

Yeah, hopefully...