Chapter 20 ~ New Job

*Jax's p.o.v*

I sighed, looking up at the sky. I just got rid of one of my best teammates, all because they snitched and told on them. Ugh. Wasnt that a way to start off the month. Or even the year. I mean I've been so caught up in everything I totally forgot about Axel. Well... Not anymore but I mean he hasn't been on my mind as much as he should. I have been avoiding him because Michelle has opened my eyes to how dangerous my job is. I mean I know I have a job serving Mexican food as well, but this one was where I get the real bank and it's also the most dangerous of the two.

"Is there a reason for the mopiness?" Skyler asks, jumping down from the tree. I rolled my eyes and let out a loud grunt.

"Don't you have soemone else to bug?" He asks, looking at Skyler.

"Tess is busy, Tyls is off doing who knows what and I am bugging the leader because this is the most I've seen you worked up. Is it a guy?" He asks, folding his legs.

I blushed and looked down at the ground. "Yeah it is. Is it that obvious?"

"Oh yeah. Like... Major big time." He says, slapping my arm. "Oh well. I am sure I can get your mind off of it. A client has contacted us. He wants to meet us at Canyon Bay Motel." He says, peaking my interest.

"Okay let's go." I say and start to run and race Skyler. This is what I lived for. Running into danger and forgetting the real life. I felt free and everytime I would run and do parkour, I felt free. But my mind couldn't help but move to Jax. We made it to the Canyons Hotel in a good amount of time and we rushed to the door that Skyler so helpfully pointed out.

We knocked on the door. A few seconds later, the door opened to reveal a man and woman, looking, to me, a little drugged off their asses. I mean you could smell the weed from just standing right here.

"Ah good, they're here, come inside." They opened the door and I walked in to the room, just as they closed it.

"So what can I do for you?" I ask, turning around to see the man smile.

"Come on boys, just have a seat." He gestured us towards a couch. Skyler jumped on it like it was his bed but I just stood there, folding my arms. I was here for business, not messing around. "My names Damien and this is Brittany. I hear you guys are the people to come to when we want something back." The drugged up man slurred.

"That depends, what did you need." I could quite put my finger on it, but the name Damien rang a bell. I don't know why but it did.

"Well, Brits ex-husband's grandfather has money. We need the money in the safe. It's roughly 100,000 dollars. We will give you 50,000 of it if you are successful. It's supposed to go to Brit but instead they are giving it to Charles because they are having problems but we need it more." He says.

"50,000?!" Skyler shouted, jumping up from his couch. "Dude! You gonna take this right?!"

I bit my lip. It sounded like they wanted to steal it more than its theirs. "Where is it located?" I asked, folding my arms.

"I'll write down the address. Just be careful, my ex-husband might be there this weekend. It's when they are planning to exchange it. Unless something comes up, it should be going down there." She wrote down the names and the address, handing it over to me.

I looked down at it, and about choked. "Uh... Victor? That's the last name?" I ask.

"Yeah. Charles Victor. This shouldn't be a problem right?" He asks.

"Uhm... Brittany, do you... Uh... Have a son named Axel?" I ask, hoping to God this wasn't happening.

"Don't speak his name! He's a spoiled, gay, good for nothing child! I disowned him forever ago. Just get the job done." She glared daggers at me, making me kind of regret taking this job. I bit my tongue.

"Fine. Skylar, come one." I say and we made our exit. Once outside I punched a tree. Knowing I'm getting caught up in Axel's family, makes me mad. I'm trying so fucking hard to keep my distance and keep him out of this, but nature has a funny way of showing things. Skylar laid a hand on my shoulder, making me jump out if my heat.

"You okay dude?" Skylar asks.

"I'm fine. I'm just contemplating something." I say and we parkoured back to the hideout.

Maybe I shouldnt keep this from Axel. Maybe I should tell him. Maybe he'll join us. But then there's Elliot as well. Maybe I should go talk to him now. Ugh! Now I sound like a lovestruck girl.

"Job in 10! We have to steal knives back from the docks and return them to Mr. Hillonary." Tess screamed down, bringing me out of my funk. I sighed and got ready to go Parkouring.

My phone rang , starling me as we were getting ready to run out. It was nighttime now but in order for this to work, I need to keep my phone silent. I sighed taking it out, seeing it was... Elliot? Since when did he get my number?

I answer anyways. "Hello?" I ask into the phone, earning pointed glares from my team mates.

"Jax? Is that you? Did I get the right number?" Elliot asked into the phone.

"Yeah you did. How?" I ask.

"That's not important, I need you to come to the downtown hospital." Elliot says, speaking with a little panic in his voice which only made me panic. Why did he need me there?

"Why? What's going on?" I ask.

"Let's just say there was an accident." He spoke.

"An accident what do you mean?" I ask, suddenly getting a stomach full of worry. Was it Axel?

"Axel was hit by a car. He's in bad condition. Come down here." And with that the line went dead.