Chapter 18 ~ Christmas Morning with some trouble

*Jax's P.O.V*

I felt a tap on my shoulder, making me grunt and turn around. Once I was settled again, the poking continued as well as a small whisper I still couldn't make out.

"What?" I slur, grumpily.

"Hey, Jax, get up." The voice whined. I rolled my eyes and rolled around, resting O. My elbow and saw Elliot standing over me, dressed, with car keys dangling in front of my face. I grunt and collapse on the couch, sprawled out. "Oh don't give me that, I need your help." He said.

I reached over and unplugged my flip phone, looking at the time. "It's 3 in the morning, what do you want?" I asked, dropping my phone on the ground.

"It's Christmas and I have some presents I want to give Axel. But I need help. Will you help me?" He asked.

"What did you get him that you need help with?" I asked, swinging my feet over the couch to sit normally. He perked up and smiled.

"A lot. He hardly gets a Christmas because of his parents and he didn't get anything for his birthday so I decided to mix them!" He says happily.

"Okay, so where are they at?" I asked.

"They are at my house, my car is outside. Get dressed and meet me out there in five. Be very quiet though." He explained before slowly going towards the front door and slipping out, leaving it cracked. I sighed and walked over to the back door and grabbed my shoes, throwing them on with my other jacket over the sweatshirt and sneaked back out of the front door as well. Elliot already started the car and was playing music when I got into the car and buckled up. He backed up and off we went to his house. I stared out the window and watched as the snow zipped past his car.

"So did you get him anything? I mean... Besides your presence." Elliot asked, breaking the silence between us.

"Not really. To be honest I didn't expect to be here. I was supposed to go to my brothers but we had a fight so I came over to Axel's, remembering it was his birthday. I forgot tomorrow was Christmas til my brother texted me." I say, a small ebb of pain crawling into my heart. I tried to ignore it and looked out the window.

"What about your parents? Why don't you go say hi to them?" Elliot asked, keeping the conversations going. Although that small question, made my heart explode of pain, but I kept my stoned face.

"They died when I was 10." I say coldly.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know." Elliot said. "But I know how that feels. My dad passed away when I was 11 but my mom remarried two years after. I like Michael but he can be a real dick to me and Axel sometimes." He says.

"I'm sorry." Was all I said as we went back into a comfortable...ish silence. After about five more minutes, we arrived at Elliots house which was huge compared to mine and Axel's house. Like it was HUGE! I didn't even know they made houses this big in the area.

"Come on." He said, getting out after putting the car in park. I got out and followed him up the path, leading to his double door house. He opened one door and let me in. That's when I became disappointed. It wasn't as big inside but outside it looked huge.

"Okay, so the presents are right here. I asked my sister to stack them all right here and voila!" He pointed at the stack and my jaw literally dropped. He wasn't kidding when he said he bought Axel a lot and mixed the presents. There was at least 35 presents. Like... How?!

He shrugged. "I know, I went a little overboard with the presents."

"A LITTLE?! Are you-" he slapped a hand over my mouth, making me bite back the urge to lick his palm.