Chapter 22~ Seeing Axel and saying goodbye to old jobs

*3hours later*

Elliot had eventually fallen asleep on the couch with Mr. Victor while Jax was drinking coffee, sitting in the chair, drumming his foot. He couldn't help but keeping his mind off of what he just thought about. His head was filled with thoughts of that night. He couldn't get Axel out of his head. No matter what he did, thought or read, he would end up going right back too it.

A doctor came out, dressed in scrubs and a white coat. "Is Axel's family here?" The man asked. Jax perked up and shot out of his seat.

"Is he okay?" Jax immediately asked, his heart beating rapidly. The doctor sighed.

"He is in a coma. He isn't gonna come back from it for a while. I'm sorry you have to find this out now. But you can see him if you want to." The doctor said, sounding sympathetic. Jax gulped and looked down at Elliot and Mr. Victor before nodding. The doctor lead him back but all Jax could do was stare blankly in front of him. He couldn't really do anything. All he could do was stare and pray Axel didn't look as bad as he was picturing.

They stopped at a door and Jax sucked in breath, feeling the doctor squeeze his shoulder. "Take all the time you need." He said.

Jax nods and reaches for the handle. He twists it, but freezes, taking a moment to collect himself before closing his eyes and rushing into the room. He could hear the steady heart monitor which gave him some recollection. He opened his eyes and his heart dropped to his stomach.

Axel had a tube in his mouth, his lips and skin were pale and his forehead was wrapped up. His right arm was in a band and his leg was in a cast that was lifted up off the bed. His chest was rising and falling in an unsteady rhythm. Jax almost mistakenly though he was a corpse if it weren't for his chest.

"Oh Axel..." Jax says, walking in and taking the seat right next to his bed. Jax grabbed for Axel's hand and felt that it was so cold and felt, for some reason, so fragile in his hands.

He sighed. "I thought we were supposed to tell each other our secrets." He says. "We were supposed to do that. You were supposed to tell me why you get excited about color. I was gonna tell you why I am a shady figure who is a protest leader."

He waited in silence, as if expecting Axel to answer. When silence was all he got, he chuckled sadly. "I guess we'll never know. But I need to. You have to pull through this. I'm gonna leave my old team just to stay in the hospital with you, but I need you to cooperate with me as well." He says.

He sighs and takes the next hour to fill Axel in on his life. Telling him how he got involved and how everything happened. He was gonna explain it to the awake Axel as well, but he was hoping Axel could hear him now.

Just then, Elliot and Mr. Victor walked in. Mr. Victor nearly dropped to his knees and started to cry at the sight. Elliot's face scrunched up in pained tears. That's when Jax remembered. Even though Axel is like this, he still had a job against him. He was supposed to steal money for his mother. If you even consider her that.

Jax got up and leaned over, kissing Axel on the forehead. "I'll be back." He says before leaving the room.

He walked outside and opened his phone. He dialed Skyler first. "Hello?" Skyler answered.

"Hey, I'm calling the deal off. I'm not helping Damien or them. I'm also quitting the team." He says.

"What?! No! You can't be serious! You can't just walk out on us!" Skyler screamed into the phone.

"I'm sorry. But Charles doesn't deserve it. I'm not stealing anything anymore. I'm sorry. Tell the team in so sorry, but I'm quitting." He says.

"You can't just leave us hanging! You built this team. Take initiative." Skyler demanded.

"Sorry. But I'm keeping you in charge. I have someone I need to be with. I can't keep running around. I'm sorry." He says and hangs up. His chest suddenly felt tight. Did he really just say goodbye to his only friends to a guy he met 3 months ago? Not to mention a guy he has fallen for? One that can die at any hour of his life?

Yes. Yes he did and that pained him more than he can explain. He jsit hopes Axel pulls through this, before anything else. It shouldn't take less than three months, right?

But even if it did, Jax would be there for him. Even if it takes that long and he knows that Elliot will too. Let's just hope that what he did, wasn't a big mistake.

He loves Axel and there is no denying that he made that decision for him. He just hopes he doesn't regret it in the months to come.

Please Axel, for me, make it through...

A/N: just letting you guys know I was listening to Terrible Things by Mayday Parade and More than meets the eye by Chevy levett. If you want someone to blame for the feels blame them xD