Chapter 15: Never give up

Lamar: I pushed the door open gently and walked in my heart instantly dropped when I seen Seiko. She had tubes going all through her nose and mouth, she had an IV stuck into her arm. She was pale and her hair was sprawled all over the place. Her cheek was bruised and she had small cuts on her face. She still was beautiful and looked very peaceful. But all I wanted was for her to wake up so I could hold her and tell her everything was alright. I pulled up a chair next her bed and held her small hand in my own. Staring at her just made me want to kill myself, it was my fault that she was in this predicament I knew what people could do and how fast people could switch up and what the street shit was all about but I left her by herself. I let my guard down and my own nigga someone I grew up with, put my trust in, thought of as family, had fucked me over something crucial. I grew angry just thinking about that nigga Anthony, all along he had been plotting on me and all along that nigga was a snake and my dumb ass didn't even peep his shady ass. But I still had a lot of questions and I was gonna get answers I really hoped that Troy didn't listen to me and kill his ass because I wanted that nigga all to myself so he could feel my pain cause this shit was all fucked up ."Im so fucking sorry ma, I fucked up I didn't protect you I left you by yourself knowing anything could happen at anytime." I said while looking up at her I knew she probably couldn't hear me but I had to let her know."Seiko my love for you is unconditional I hope that one day you forgive me because my life don't mean a damn thing if you ain't in it. No girl could ever compare to you, you have been a true ride or die." I was trying to hold back tears that threatened to fall. I kissed her hand."Ma please just wake up, I need you, and your family needs you don't give up your too young you got to much to live for, so much shit you haven't got into. I love you baby."I stood up and I kissed her forehead and looked at her once more before walking out. I will be there until she wakes up even if it takes days, weeks, months or even years Seiko is my baby for life.

One year later...

Lamar: Good Afternoon Mrs. Madeline

I greeted as I walked down the long hall way full of white walls. I knew almost everybody in the hospital. I seen people come and go but I still loved being around them. I came each and everyday faithfully to check on Seiko. I came on the weekends and stayed overnight on Sundays since I didn't have class on Mondays. I've been going to school working to become a medical doctor. After all charges was dropped Seiko cousin had some ties and cleared my background so I was good. I stopped drug dealing for good, kinda. I still have to check things out every once in a while. I entered the white room I had been accustomed too for the past year and set the roses down on the already full table. Seiko got so much love from friends and family her room always full with balloons and cards and flowers. Each week I had to put everything in storage and half of most of that stuff was from me. "Hey baby, I smiled at Seiko, each and everyday even though she couldn't respond back or even look at me I fell deeper and deeper in love. I kissed her hand and stared at her face, it glowed and her new hair cut fit her perfect. Asia also came everyday too keep Seiko's hygiene and everything up she didn't allow the nurses to do nothing, they didn't like her very much. Doctors said she was gaining strength each and everyday she was even breathing on her own. But I was tired and just ready for her to wake up I missed everything about Seiko, her smile, touch, her yelling at me for making dumb decisions. I kissed her cheek and got up to get some clothes for the night and just as my hand touched the door handle. I heard my name being called in an almost silent whisper. I thought my mind was playing tricks on me until I went back in the room and seen Seiko sitting up with wide eyes. I couldn't move or speak my body was in shock I stood there staring at the woman I been waiting for and voice I hadn't heard in what felt like years, the woman who almost left my life for good, my baby was awake and back.