Chapter 7

Edit: 2018/11/09

As soon as Storm Shadow fell into the freezing cold sea and did not come back up, Snake eyes pushed away his grief and quickly climbed up the stairs as he tried to locate where Fang was, it was lucky that he had put a tracking device into the hem of her pocket in her pants when they were in Paris. He turned on the device and saw a small red spot blinking about a few corners from him.

He silently made his way over but when he got there, he felt a chill run down his spine. The metal door had big dents sticking out and a few scratches that were so deep you can see what's inside, he was surprised that the door was still intact and locked. Snake walked closer and investigated the small window he was taken back at the sight in front of him, Fangs was kneeling on the floor growling at him as her tail flicked back and forth.

Snake opened the door gently not wanting to scare her, he knew what she can do when she is in the middle of changing, the damage she can cause was deadly. Fang snarled and got into a crouching position. Fangs eyed Snake's every movement with such intensity that it made him swallow, he looked into the black slits that settled themselves into the dull blue eyes, without warning Fangs slashed at him and manage to make a small cut on his chest.

Snake knew he needed to do something rash to be able to get her out of the change but he has to somehow be able to get close enough to her, so Snake did do something big and he did indeed, slowly he took off his mask revealing his face, he knelt down on the floor in front of Fangs as she growled and eye him up and down.

"Fang?" his voice was scratchy from not speaking since their master was murdered, Snakes voice seems to startle Fang as she just stays in that spot for a while, but she snapped out of it and snarled.

"Calm down and listen to me" Snake pleaded as he leaned closer to her face

The more Snake leaned closer the more frozen Fangs got and soon she was like a statue even her tail was not moving. Fangs can sense a good vibe coming off this man and she decided not to move and see what this man is up to, all she knew now that is this man is leaning closer to her face at the last minute.

Snake jumped at his chance seeing that she wasn't going to attack him, he grabbed her neck and quickly shoved his finger into Fangs mouth, pushing the pill down her throat without any problem. Snake winced as Fangs struggled and scratched at his arms, but as soon as Fangs swallowed the pill, she passed out.

Snake lifted her up and walked out of the cell, he was walking until the floor started to shake and that was then he knew that this place is going down, after slipping his mask back onto his face and started running, along the way he managed to kick some of the soldiers out of the way before they could react.

"Snakes!" Scarlet yelled at him, he quickly jumped from the stairs and was able to run into the elevator just in time, he leaned against the wall exhausted as Beaker was sitting on the floor looking down and talking to Heavy duty and Scarlet was standing across him with her eyes closed.

"S-Snakes?" a small yet, almost steady sound came from below making him look down, Fangs was blinking up at him looking tired "Thanks."

He smiled under his mask and held her closer making Fang put her arms around his neck for support, Fangs fell asleep again soon after, Snake smiled as he gently placed his forehead on hers. His heartbeat slowed knowing that she wasn't in harm's way anymore and safe in his arms. Snake lift his head when he literally heard a smirk, Scarlet was smirking at him as she wiggled her eyebrows.

"Oh, someone in love," she said purposely dragging the 'e'.'

Snake eyes looked away and trying anything not to curse or even sigh, they soon reached the top and approached a small submarine, there were three seats in there, including the driver's seat.

"Okay, Breaker you take the seat that can turn a 360-degree turn for lookout, I will drive and Snake.......just take that seat next to Breaker and make sure Fang doesn't fall off your lap," Scarlet said and straight away she pushed Snake down on the seat

Snake eyes knew Scarlet was doing it on purpose but said nothing and was secretly grateful. He held Fangs close to him, enjoying the closeness between themselves as the others were minding their own business, he was just relief that she was fine and was by his side again.