Chapter 14 soccer games

"So what happens now?" I ask Michael as we walk out of the school.

"What do you mean?" 

"With us." I say shyly and I turn to Michael who seems to be frozen in place. 

"Michael?" I ask him. 

"Calum...I don't know...I need time to think." He mumbles and I nod in understanding.

"That's fair, I mean I guess it was only one night. And I kind of basically threw myself at you." 

"Can we just talk about this later? We are going to be in a car with your mother, I don't necessarily want to be overheard. I mean she's probably already seen your hickeys." Michael whispers and before I can reply we are getting into the car. Me in the passenger seat and Michael behind me. 

"So how was your night boys?" My mom asks. Ugh she's going to try and make conversation. 

"We were stuck in a classroom, how do you think it went?" I retort.

"Don't get sassy. You do know your ass is grounded right?" I hear Michael chuckle at that. 

"For what?" 

"Calum seriously? Math test ring a bell?" I just sink lower in my seat. 

"Michael dear, where do you live?" My mom asks and he gives her directions. 

5 minutes later we are pulling into his driveway. 

"Well thank you for the ride Mrs. Hood, I really appreciate it. And Calum we will talk later." Michael directs at me. Both my mom and I waving as he walks into his house.

"So where did you get the hickeys?" Is the first thing my Mom asks when we are alone and now I'm groaning and blushing. 

"Moooommmmm." 

"Was it Michael?" And if I had been drinking water it would totally be one of those spit take scenes where the person chokes on the water and spits it all over the place. Yeah that would be me right now if I had water. 

"What?" 

"Oh honey I can put pieces together, plus you were with him all night probably bored with nothing to do, and I wouldn't be surprised if you're gay." I don't even bother replying. I don't know what to even say about that. I mean I just worked out my sexuality in the last couple of days am I ready to come out to everyone? 

My mind is filled with endless thoughts and questions for the remainder of the car ride home. 

---

"So I want full details on everything that happened between the two of you last night." Ashton tells me as he lays around on my bed. He came rushing over after lunch once he realized I was no longer at school.

"There's nothing to tell." I reply nonchalantly spinning around on my desk chair. 

"Bullshit. Calum your neck is full of hickeys that you didn't bother covering up, you've been looking at your phone every two minutes and you've got this dazed look in your eyes." Ashton says. 

"How was I supposed to cover them up? I was in a classroom!" I defend myself.

"Ah here we go, the details." Ashton wiggles his eyebrows at me while sitting up. 

 "I'm not telling you anything." 

"Calummmm don't do this to me. I need to know about my OTP!" Ashton whines.

"What the hell is OTP?" I question him.

"One true pair, now don't change the topic." 

"Uhm..." I blush just thinking about last nights events.