Chapter 23 karen & daryl

It was the next morning and instead of picking Luke up for school I decided to make a coffee run for Calum and I. I don't normally go to Starbucks but I decide to go through the drive thru and ask for two random drinks. It wasn't long until I was pulling into the school parking lot though. I guess I could have gotten Luke and Ashton something but I wasn't really thinking of them. Ever since Calum asked me on a date last night he's all I could think about. I fell asleep with a smile on my face last night. So now I am walking into school with my Starbucks drinks in my hands and my bag on my shoulder. I guess I should have gotten a tray...oh well I know for next time. I decide to go to my locker first. 

"Awh you got me Starbucks? I guess that makes up for you not picking me up this morning." Luke says as he comes up to and goes to grab the one cup but I pull it away from him.

"It's not for you." I state simply. 

"What? Who's it for then?" Luke pouts.

"Calum." I reply, and then I put in my combination to open my locker, setting one of the drinks down on the shelf inside.

"Well how come he gets a drink and I don't?" 

"Were you up past midnight last night?" 

"No, I was in bed around 10:30." Luke answers.

"That's why." 

"Wait why was Calum up so late? Did something happen? Come on tell me! Don't leave me out of things!" Luke starts rambling. 

"Oh look there he is now!" I avoid Luke's questions as I grab my drink and Calum's and walk down the hall to where his locker is and I can feel Luke walk behind me. Calum has his back to me so I decide to just put his drink in front of his face not saying a word.

"AHHHH!" He kind of screams and it causes me to laugh and Calum turns around at the sound of me. "What are you doing?" 

"Bringing you coffee." I tell him by kissing his cheek, "don't ask me what it is though, I just asked for something tasty." 

"Why did you get me a drink?" Calum questions as he takes it from my hand. 

"Because apparently you were up really late but Michael won't tell me anything." Luke glares. 

"Oh, right." Calum grins which causes me to as well. 

"Ugh! Can't you guys just tell me? Where's Ashton?" 

"He's home sick today." Calum tells Luke. 

"What?! No! I am not third wheeling at lunch today, are you kidding me?" Luke exclaims. 

"You'll be fine Luke, we aren't even dating so." I tell him.

"You brought him coffee. That just screams relationship." Luke points out, "worst part is you didn't even get me one." 

"Well it's a good thing I didn't grab one for Ashton seeing as he's not here." I say.

"Well thank you for mine." Calum returns the kiss on the cheek.

"Bleck stop being so lovey dovey unless you guys want to tell me what happened last night?" Luke says.

"Nope." I tell him with a smirk. This is going to be a fun day.

------------------------------------------

"Hi my name is Luke and my best friend was Michael but he's being an ass and ignoring me because you see he's in this relationship with another guy and he ditched me." Luke addresses the table as if he's in some sort of support group.

"Luke I'm literally right beside you, I didn't ditch you and for the last time I'm not in a relationship." I tell him as we sit at lunch. 

"But all you're doing is talking with Calum." Luke points out.