Double Date

"Charlie. Did you ask Gilda?" Sam mumbled, poking the red-head with a pencil as they sat at lunch. Charlie shot him a look that obviously meant shut up and shook her head, pointing to the pretty brunette walking across the lunch room.

"No. I'm going to ask her now." Charlie said confidently, pulling her hair back into a ponytail before winking at Sam. She stood, stroding her way across the cafeteria and meeting Gilda. There was a moment of speaking that Sam couldn't make out, Gilda nodded her head, and Charlie hugged her before skipping back, a triumphant look on her face.

"It's all set!" Charlie said brightly, digging into her lunch with gusto. Sam sighed in relief, picking at his own food despite the nerves that settled into his stomach.

"Remember, just don't tell Gabriel. I want his present to be a surprise." Sam said, pushing his plate away and letting his hand rub over his thighs nervously. Charlie just waved her hand in a dismissing manner, not looking worried at all.

"Don't worry about it, Sam. He'll love it." She said, smiling at him sweetly. He had shown her the present he had got Gabriel for his birthday last night, and after she finally finished squealing, told him that she had to be there when he gave it to him. So, he did what any person would do; set up a double date.

"I hope so." Sam mumbled, rubbing his arm as he stared down at the table. He wanted everything to be perfect tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gabriel held onto Sam's hand in fear as they watched the horror movie blasting on the screen, Charlie and Gilda sitting beside them. The red headed teen was holding onto Gilda with a death grip, although the brunette seemed not mind. Sam couldn't help but smile as a jumpscare popped up on the screen, Gabriel letting out a soft squeal and hiding his face in Sam's shoulder.

"Is this too scary for you?" Sam asked, his lips barely brushing the top of Gabriel's head. The trickster looked up, his eyes wide with fear, but enjoyment as he gave Sam a large smile.

"No, this is great." Gabriel replied, his eyes returning to the screen as the chick began running down the road in an obvious cliche way, only for a creature to swoop down and drag her into the trees. Sam smiled as he felt Gabriel's hand tightened in fear, pulling it up and kissing the back of his hand gently before replacing it back in place.

The movie soon came to an end after that, and Sam stretched as the lights came on, finally letting go of Gabriel's hand as his spine popped. Gabriel let out a pleased sigh, standing and looking over at Charlie and Gilda, who were locked at the lips.

"Why are you guys kissing during a horror movie?" Gabriel asked, making Sam chuckle as Charlie pulled away long enough to give them a glare and stick out her tongue before returning to what she was doing. Sam rolled his eyes, nudging Gabriel and motioning him towards the exit with his head.

"Come on, I want to show you something." Sam said, and began walking, leading Gabriel out into the hallway where other people stood, discussing the movie in excited whispers. The trickster gave him a strange look as Sam faced him, tipping his head slightly, but Sam only smiled and shook his head.

"Close your eyes." Sam said with a small smirk, waiting until Gabriel let his eyes fluttered closed. Sam gave him a reassuring peck on the lips before he dug into the pocket of his jacket, pulling out the small golden-wrapped box, and setting it in Gabriel's hand.

"Okay, open your eyes." Sam said, kissing Gabriel's forehead before stepping back. The trickster's eyes opened, and he looked down at the box with confusion, only for his eyes to widen as he realized what it was.

"Sam! I told you not to get me anything..." Gabriel said, looking at his boyfriend with furrowed brows. Sam chuckled, shaking his head and patting the trickster on the shoulder, tipping his head.

"I didn't get you anything. I made that out some spare things Bobby had." Sam said, shrugging slightly as Gabriel stared down at the box. It had taken him three weeks, something he had been working on ever since Gabriel had mentioned that his birthday was in December.

"You made it?" Gabriel asked with wide eyes, turning the wrapped box over and over in his hand before he got a mocking look in his eyes. "I didn't know you can make boxes, thank you so much Sam."

Sam rolled his eyes, bumping Gabriel gently on the back of the head. "Moron, just open the present already." He said, noticing that Charlie and Gilda had finally managed to get out of theater and was making their way over. Gabriel smirked, carefully unwrapping the paper and pulling the lid off the box.

Inside, a metal necklace was laying inside and although it seemed just a little clumsy, it was shaped into two angel wings attached to a lollipop, white and shining from Sam's painstaking cleaning. He felt rather proud as Gabriel's face lit up, picking up the object in his hand and twisting it back and forth.

"It's beautiful." Gabriel said, a grin splitting his face as he touched the little lollipop, his fingers grazing the edge of the wings. He looked at Sam and flung his arms around him, a small laugh escaping his lips. "Thank you!"

"You're welcome." Sam said, hugging him back with a gentle squeeze before taking the necklace from Gabriel's hand and clasping it around his neck. "It looks good on you." 

"Well, yeah, it's candy. Of course it looks good on me." Gabriel mocked teasingly, a dramatic tone coming into his voice that had Sam rolling his eyes. He leaned down, kissing the top of Gabriel's head and rubbing his hand through his hair.

"You're lucky that I love you." Sam said, looking down at Gabriel with a smile. Gabriel's smile disappeared on his face, being replaced by one of confusion as he stared up at Sam.

"You love me?" Gabriel asked, his eyebrows furrowing. Sam blushed, opening his mouth, only to close it again when he realized that he had no idea what to say. After all, he hadn't meant to say that out loud.

"Y-yes." Sam eventually stammered out, his face turning redder and redder by the second. He heard Charlie out a little 'ooh', making him flinch and rub the back of his neck in embarrassment.

The happiness that flooded Gabriel's face made his eyes light up like a christmas tree, and the little trickster began grinning, his own cheeks turning red as he reached out, taking Sam's hand gently and squeezing it.

"I love you, too." Gabriel mumbled, pecking Sam on the lips gently.