This is Home

Seven years of staying up just an extra hour late to listen to each others voices. Seven years of working hard, trying to become something that they both could be proud of. Seven years of waiting.

It was a hard and long time for Sam, without his little trickster being around. Hell, he cried every time they talked over the phone for the first month, feeling as if a stake had wedged into his heart and couldn't be pulled out. But, he waited, just like he promised Gabriel.

And so, he graduated high school, went into college, wanting to be something that wasn't just the son of a drunken abuser. He wanted to be something that Gabriel would be proud of to see. He had originally planned to be a lawyer, but after much thought, went into psychology, the idea of what his brother had gone through giving him the urge to help people in their time of need.

Gabriel went into graphic design for video games, which suited him so well for his art prowess. He was hired as soon as he got out of college by a Indie company, creating the next big horror game. Sam could hear how proud he was every time they spoke now.

But, none of this mattered at July of their graduation rolled in. It was the day that they had been waiting for. For two months, Sam and Gabriel had planned it out to the smallest detail, and finally, they were going to see each other again.

Sam had took a plane to Maryland, excitement thrumming in his chest as he rode through the two and a half hour trip. He was so nervous at the same time, but this was Gabriel, and he doubted the trickster ever truly changed even in all those years.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sitting at the Zed's Cafe, as planned, left Sam rubbing his palms of his jeans in anticipation for Gabriel's arrival. He had gotten there half an hour early, unable to wait anymore in that lonely hotel room when he knew that his trickster was out there. It was a tense thirty minutes, and the waitress tried to avoid him as much as possible, though it didn't matter since he had already told him he was waiting for someone.

Sam recognized Gabriel the minute he walked through the door.

Although the trickster had grown up, he still was shorter than average for a man. He was beautiful though, with those ever mischievous whiskey-colored eyes and the light brown hair that he had grown out. Sam found himself smiling as he stared at those lips, the small overbite that he found so cute still present in his lips.

Sam stood, gaining the attention of Gabriel and watching as the smile broke out on his face. "Hey, moose." Gabriel breathed, his voice slightly deeper, but still full of life and made Sam's heart ache to touch him.

"Hey trickster." Sam replied, his eyes shining as he walked over to Gabriel, not even hesitating before pulling into him a hug. He was warm, and everything that Sam had craved for as long as he could remember, and there was a smell of candy that drifted into his nose, causing tears to spring into his eyes.

"You've gotten taller." Gabriel said with a teasing voice, though Sam could clearly hear the sniffs that came from the man. Sam let out a chuckle, finally pulling away and wiping the tears off Gabriel's cheek with his thumb.