Chapter 14

Jackie asked me to accompany her to an event that she wanted to get out of early. It was a beauty product Marketing launch that she was invited in. Jackie, being the daughter of a former actress and socialite, was invited. She will use me as an excuse to leave early.

"Why are we here again?" bulong ko sa kanya while our pictures were asked to be taken.

"Pamparami ng tao. They need pretty girls like us to hover around like we're interested in what they're marketing," sabi nya faking a posh smile for the cameras.

"Thanks bitch for calling me pretty," sabi ko doing the same.

"Well it's true," she said and rolled her eyes.

Natawa ako. Eh nasan ba ang mga kaibigan nyang talaga, si Charlotte at ang pinsan ko? "Si Charlotte ba? And si Sissy?"

"Charlotte of course is on Pierre-watch. He has tendencies to be loving towards other girls than her. Christine of course either has tons of love problems or has tons of work. She has to work," Jackie shared.

Ahhh... "Teka ikaw, what do you do?" tanong ko sa kanya. Matagal ko nang kilala si Jackie but I didn't know what she does.

"Thank God you don't know," she reacted relieved. "I model sometimes. I write. I do freelance stuff," she nodded.

"You model?" I asked not believing it.

"Yeah, don't hate. It's easy money. More print really and commercials than ramp. But enough about me, how's the Ron-Chloe loveteam?" she asked.

"He broke up with me," I shared.

"What?!?" walang poise nyang sigaw. Those near us heard her. "Ano?" bulong nya.

Kinuwentuhan ko sya about the rest of the events she didn't know from the day before.

"So anong deal mo ngayon nyan?" tanong nya.

"To not feel," I said.

"Ang arte," smirk ni Jackie. "Kay Adrien ka na lang. May free Europe trip ka pa."

"'Di ako freeloader 'no. Hindi naman dahil sa ayaw na ni Ron sa'kin ja-jump na 'ko kay Ade ulit. I don't love him anymore. I don't even like him as a person anymore. Love is weird. Akala ko kayo lang ni Christine ang nagkakaganito, I didn't know it would also happen to me. Naka-move on nga ako from Ade, kay Ron naman, na mas sinaktan ako."

"Eh di kay Chris ka na lang na mukhang love na love ka naman," sabi nya.

"Chris? No. He's young. He doesn't know what he wants," iling ko.

"He's two years younger than you Chloe, that's not young," she said.

I shrugged love off. Let's try to be nonchalant about love. Let's do that. Kunyari walang ganon, para walang heartache. Let's pretend to be robots.

"Fvck love, right?" biglang sabi ni Jackie pagkatapos ng mahabang pagkatulala. 

"Yeah, with me. But really? You? E diba you hang with Eldrick?" tukso ko sa kanya. "The lonely guy from Cebu?"

"Yeah! Hang! And that's it!" may inis nyang sabi.

Natawa 'ko. She felt compelled to share her story so she did. I felt Jackie and I were girlfriends. It was nice borrowing a friend of Sissy's.

"Let's go clubbing tonight?" yaya ni Jackie perking up.

"Really? E 'diba parang you've stayed away from that life na?" taas-kilay kong tanong sa kanya.