Chapter 19

Inatake si Adrien ng migraine kaya maaga rin kaming umuwi nung gabi. Nakatulog sya agad after taking his medicine.

Tumambay ako sa terrace looking down at Amsterdam's lighted canals. I looked up and there were lots of stars. I thought of Boracay. I thought of Ron. I thought of his voice and his songs to me. Beautiful things happened between us but just as I suspected before, those were all too good to be true.

I looked at the ring he gave me. Inikot-ikot ko yun sa daliri ko. I am keeping this, pero ito lang. I will let Ron and the idea of Ron go.

I closed my eyes dahil kasabay ng pag-iisip ng mga magagandang alaala namin ni Ron ang lahat ng sakit na naramdaman ko for loving him, and for failing to get his love.

Someone was calling me. Baka si Sissy. "Hello?"

I heard a smile crack on the other line. "It's just another night, and I'm staring at the moon, I saw a shooting star, and thought of you..."

Hindi na nya kailangang magpakilala para malaman ko kung sino sya. He was singing All of the Stars by Ed Sheeran. Automatic na 'kong lumuha.

"I sang a lullaby, by the waterside and knew, if you were here, I'd sing to you. You're on the other side, as the skyline splits in two, I'm miles away from seeing you. But I can see the stars, from America, I wonder do you see them, too?"

He paused and sniffed. He was crying. He continued to sing though his voice was broken. "So open your eyes and see, the way our horizons meet and all of the lights will lead into the night with me. And I know these scars will bleed, but both of our hearts believe all of these stars will guide us home."

I smiled but I was still hurting. I was just glad that he was doing what he was doing.

"...They're playing 'Chasing Cars' and I thought of us. Back to the time... you were lying next to me I looked across and really fell in love... Everything led back to you... so can you see the stars?... I'm sorry Chloe."

"Thanks for being sorry Ron. I have to go." I said and cut the line.

After two weeks...

"Mam araw-araw ang padala ng bulaklak dito ni Sir Ron," bungad sa'kin ni Manang pagdating ko. "Ubos na yung vase natin," reklamo nya. "Lagi tuloy fresh ang mga bulaklak natin."

Wow, nagreklamo pa sya. "Eh di itapon mo na lang," sabi ko habang ibinababa ang mga gamit ko galing Europe.

"Ang harsh mo kay Sir Ron, mam, wag ganon," sabi nya. Okay, I get it, he's sorry. Sinabi nya na, kumanta pa sya. Let's move on.

"May food?" tanong ko changing the topic.

"Ay meron mam. Alam yata ni Sir Ron na ngayon ang balik mo kaya ngayon bukod sa bulaklak may pagkain din syang padala."

"Ano?" tanong ko.

"Ito mam o," sabi nyang nangingiti buhat buhat ang isang karton na binuksan nya.

It was Tiramisu na may nakasulat na tiraMissYou.

"Hindi pala 'ko gutom," sabi ko. Paakyat na 'ko ng hagdan nang nakita kong ang dami ngang bulaklak sa paligid. "Aalis ako Manang."

"Eh kadarating mo lang ah," sabi nya.

"Amoy patay dito, sa dami ng bulaklak," reklamo ko.

Pumunta ako kina Christine. Busy sya sa mga projects nya kaya si Jackie na nakatambay don ang mas nakausap ko. Kinuwentuhan ko sila about the Europe trip I had with Adrien, the things we talked about, the places we saw.