Chapter 47

Mom flew in and surprised me para daw sabay na rin kaming umuwi ng Manila in time for Christine's wedding. It was a welcome homecoming dahil I needed to be with someone. I even bawled when I saw her. Niyakap nya ako, inalo and spoiled me. She thought I was heartbroken with Chris. I was heartbroken yes, but not because of him. I didn't need to explain to mom though that it was because of a different guy.

We made rounds sa mga restaurants together. It was a real bonding we never had. Mas naging close kami ni mommy at mas naging open sya sa'kin. Mas naintindihan ko lahat ng mga pag-aalala nila nung ang gulu-gulo ko pang bata with vices and bad parties left and right. She was thankful that I changed for the better, which was nothing really, sa dami ba naman ng sakit ng ulo na binigay ko sa kanila non. I was grateful that they stayed with me through all the rough times we had, kahit I was so stubborn.

It's true that in every dark cloud, there's always a silver lining. When someone leaves, when you're in pain and when you feel down, you get to appreciate what you have and who have always been there for you. Sina mommy at daddy yun and of course Christine and others who have helped my existence worthwhile, fun-filled and purpose-driven.

A week before Christine and Andre's wedding, Dad came para sunduin kami. Mom was surprised by his gesture that when he arrived, she cried. Matagal na silang mag-asawa at iilang linggo lang silang hindi nagkita pero namiss na nila ang isa't isa. Napairap ako sa kakornihan pero naluha rin. I hoped I would have that kind of love, yung mahirap mapaghiwalay.

We all went back to the Philippines for, what I was coining, the wedding of the decade. In my opinion, mas complicated ang love life nina Christine at Andre na ilang unos muna ang dinaanan bago nila narating ang meron sila. I didn't know if I will ever have that kind of love, that epicness, pero I hoped that it would also happen to me. I just want someone to share this life with, be happy, sad and mad with.

"Congratulations! Ang ganda ganda mo!" bati at air-beso ko kay Christine para hindi masira ang mga makeup namin. Paalis na kami ng hotel to the church where they will be wed. I was overflowing with happiness for her and she was blooming with happiness too.

"You too," she gushed. "We're sisters kaya, magkamukha."

"We are," ngiti ko. "I am so happy for you Sis," I said emphasizing every word.

"I am happy for you too," sabi nya.

I didn't know what she meant. Napakunot-noo ako.

"Single or not, you're great different. Look at you, Restaurateur in Los Angeles, U S of A! That is so far from how you were before. Sina Tito? Sobrang proud sa'yo. You've realized your potential and that is so much better than a functioning love life."

Nangiti ako. "Binobola mo 'ko. Sige na, halika ka na nang makasal ka na," yaya ko sa kanya.

We went out the hall of the hotel with arms clasping each other like true sisters. That was a happy moment.

I also had dinner with Chris and Erin since nasa Manila na rin naman ako. I was actually excited to see them. Erin was already showing and I was excited to see their baby, to be honest.

It was bittersweet seeing Chris again pero I knew na mas lumalim ang pagkakakilala namin sa isa't isa sa pagkikita namin ulit and I cannot deny that I was happy seeing him in peace with his situation. He had dealt with it, nagkatulungan sila ni Erin which was nice. He was sad that Ron and I didn't work out but he hopes for the best for me.

Chris and Erin became really good friends and I even think there could be more to their friendship. I hope they work out what they have so it could possibly be a happy ending for them. They're always together because they work together for the food truck business and people think they're going out. Mas magiging madali sa kanila ang pagiging magulang sa magiging anak nila since they were starting to have a good relationship as friends at sana more than that. Bagay naman sila.