Chapter 8

Bubuksan ko na ang pinto paalis when Ron came back.

"Are you leaving me?" tanong nya.

"You left first!"

"To get you this." He showed a ring box.

What is this? A ring?

He held my hand and we sat down sa kama. "Kunin mo. Open it."

I opened the box and it was a simple band, a simple ring. "I'm not asking you to marry me but I'm asking you to be my girlfriend. Will you be my girlfriend? I love you Chloe. I don't know how and why and how long this will last pero mahal kita. I don't care if you believe me pero don't go. I want you in my life."

Does this make us official?

"And not only that, pagbalik natin sa Manila, you'll meet my parents, my whole family," sabi nya. "Do you believe me now?"

I hugged him. I was so relieved. "I love you Ron!"

"I love you too Chloe. I love you Baby. I love you Dora."

Hinampas ko sya breaking away from our hug. I looked at the ring. Isinuot ko yun.

"Sorry wala naman kasing maayos na bilihan nyan dito. Tinakbo ko na nga lang yan, buti nga naabutan pa kita dito," paliwanag nya.

"No. This is beautiful," sabi ko smiling, admiring the ring which was the right fit on me.

"Like you, Beautiful."

We kissed and it was hungrier than the last ones we shared.

We fell on the bed kissing.

We spent that early evening cooped up in bed enjoying each other's company, watching movies and TV series.

Lumabas kami nung malalim na ang gabi in full boyfriend-girlfriend mode, holding hands, being friendly to people na nakakasalubong namin.

Tumigil kami sa shore looking at the stars. He hugged me from behind. I just held his arms hugging me.

He kissed my cheek. And then again. Inulit nya ulit.

"Huy!"

"Bakit?" tanong nya.

"Baka maubos yan." I meant na baka maubos ang cheeks ko.

"Like the stars they won't. Hindi mauubos ang mga halik ko. I will kiss you till there are stars."

So forever?

I snapped back to reality. Is he for real? I know he's not. He couldn't really be!

"Do you really love me? Really Ron. Hindi ako magagalit kung aamin kang hindi," tanong ko.

"Mahal kita," was all he said.

And that's good enough for me. Humarap ako sa kanya and put my arms around his neck and kissed him full on the lips.

The next day, we saw Christine, Jackie and Charlotte for brunch. Dinala din nila yung mga damit at gamit ko. Hinatid namin sila sa boat to Caticlan Airport with another guy I didn't know na kasama din daw nila to Cebu aside from that guy Eric na nakita kong kasama nila nung pumunta sila sa hotel room ni Ron.

Ron and I went boating and parasailing that afternoon. He took so many pictures of me, nature, or me in nature. I was in heaven.

"Can we live like this forever?" he asked. We were laying on the beach in the late afternoon sun with small waves playing on our legs. Our sunnies on, our hats were on our faces.