Chapter 18

Ava woke up to the smell of bacon and eggs. She smiled, remembering where she was and reliving the events that took place last night. Her body shivered at the remnants. She inhaled Josiah's scent in the sheets and wrapped it around her body.

Wrapped in Josiah's soft white sheet, she dragged it to the kitchen. She watched Josiah with his back towards her. He was shirtless with a pair of basketball shorts on. Even his back was so damn sexy.

Josiah hummed as he flipped the eggs in the pot. He didn't even realize Ava was behind him until he felt her petite arms wrap around his chiseled chest. She placed small kisses all over his back, thanking him for last night.

"Well, good afternoon sleepy head." He teased.

Ava looked over at the clock on the stove. It was noon. She never sleeps this late. She must've been exhausted after last night's 'aerobics.'

"I didn't mean to sleep this late." She defended.

"It's cool. I just woke up not to long ago either. My stomach was growling in my sleep." He joked.

"Oh whatever," Ava laughed. "Have you seen my phone?" She asked him as she scanned the living room.

"Yea, I put all your stuff in my room. Look in that chair in the corner." He told her. "Your phone has been going off all morning." He added.

Josiah wanted to gather Ava's things and put them all together so it would be easy for her to find when she was ready to get dressed. While picking up her clothes off the floor, Ava's phone vibrated near by. Josiah drew his attention to it, as he picked it up to place with the rest of her belongings. He instinctively looked down at the phone screen once it vibrated for the second time. It appeared that Ava, Steffanie, and Chanel were in a group chat and the latter two were talkative this morning.

As the notifications continued to pop up on Ava's phone, Josiah noticed 3 missed calls from Charles Morrison. The last missed call was at 2:24 am.

Josiah had always thought Ava and Charles' work relationship lacked boundaries but now he was sure of it. There had been plenty of nights where Ava phone has rung and she'd simply roll her eyes, decline the call, and sigh 'work' and continue on with whatever conversation they were having at the time.

Josiah wanted to ask about Charles because something didn't seem right. He wanted Ava to open up to him about it without pressuring her but he was beginning to get irritated. He hoped that Charles wasn't taking advantage of her, being the youngest and least experience lawyer at the firm.

Josiah felt himself being protective of Ava, just as he is with the other 3 leading ladies in his life. This was weird for him but it felt so natural. He's never felt like this with any other woman before. Of course he couldn't stand any woman being disrespected, but he felt like this was his territory and Ava was his to protect.

"It may not be my business but your boss doesn't have any boundaries, you know?" He called out behind her. He didn't want her to think he was lurking but he was getting tired of those late night calls.

Ava was already in Josiah's room when she heard his last comment. Oh shit! She thought.

She'd already knew exactly what he was talking about. Charles must've called AGAIN last night. He has continued to call her for the past couple of months, despite their numerous talks at the office about how his constant calling is detrimental to their work environment. Ava knew that if anything would stop him from calling, it would be the risk that it was bad for business. She convinced him that the other partners at the firm were catching wind of what was going on, as well as the clients when she met with them for dinner and such. She said his calls were disruptive. That excuse worked for about a month and then he fell back into his old routine but only this time, he was only calling every other day.