Chapter 31

"Uuuugggghhhhh! Let's GO!" Steffanie groaned.

Ava and Josiah had been entangled in an intimate embrace, passionately kissing for what felt like an hour.

Steffanie couldn't take it anymore. She was ready to get through TSA and be over with it.

"Y'all are sickening! It can't be that deep." She cried.

Josiah broke the kiss as he laughed hysterically at Steffanie and her dramatics.

Ava shook her head at her baby sister while grabbing her carry on luggage from Josiah. "I'll call you as soon as I land," she told him.

"Aight. Have a safe flight."

"Thanks!" She said before kissing him one last time.

"Finally! I should've flown with Nel!" Steffanie exclaimed as Ava playfully slapped the back of her head. Chanel had spent a few days with Miguel in Philadelphia and was flying to LA from there later on in the week.

"Oh hush! You know I missed him," Ava said as she waved to Josiah from afar with hearts in her eyes.

"Oh please! It's not like he can't fly to you whenever he wants." Steffanie reminded her sister.

"It's still different. But you wouldn't know since your creepy man is moving to LA with us!" Ava chuckled.

"You know? You're not funny! First off he's not moving with us, he just so happens to have a business endeavor out there and it would make more sense if he lived there! Thank you very much!"

"Riiiiiiggghhhht," Ava said sarcastically as she moved through security.

Steffanie followed behind Ava, rolling her eyes, "Whatever!"

Chanel arrived to LA a couple of days later and the girls got to work.

******

The holiday season was a perfect time to be on the west coast. In New York, during the cold weather, it was hard to pull yourself away from your warm and comfy home. All you would want to do is stay cuddled by the fireplace. In LA, you could still be productive without the disrupting and teeth chattering weather. The girls took advantage of this and went into beast mode. The only time they stopped working was to host thanksgiving at their new place.

Cynthia and Mr. Mile's traveled from New York to have thanksgiving with the girls, along with  Josiah, Miguel, and Steffanie's boo, Chris. Lainey, Abuela, and the twins joined them as well.

Lainey was LMS's first new client. It was a long and exhausting case but Ava was able to jumpstart Alaina's process of divorce, which helped rekindle her relationship with Abuela, find a new home, and get the twins back.

Ava sat back after dinner was over, cuddled on the couch with Josiah, drinking wine as she watched her blended family enjoy the holiday fun.

Josiah naturally caressed Ava's thigh as he thought about what it would be like to start a family of their own. They have been through a lot in the past 7 months but Josiah couldn't be more sure about wanting to spend the rest of his life with her.

Ava leaned in closer to Josiah and placed a kiss on his cheek.

"Give me another one," he said.

Ava kissed his other cheek.

"And another one," he pointed to his lips.

She pecked his lips.

"More," he whispered.

"No sir. You can't be fast with everyone else in here," she reminded him.

"Watch me," he teased as he pulled Ava from where she was sitting to now seating her in his lap while placing kisses all over her neck.