Chapter 5

While in her office, Ava was able to take in the beauty of Josiah without getting death stares from Charles. He looked about 6'2 in height and slender in weight. His dark skin covered in tattoos reminded Ava of milk chocolate. It was no way he looked that good and didn't taste better. His long eyelashes emphasized his deep brown eyes that seemed to twinkle as Ava looked into them. She trailed her eyes to his mouth and his full lips glistened as he had just faintly swept his tongue over them. His teeth were perfectly straight and white which made his smile even more tempting. Ava usually didn't like facial hair but it was something about the way Josiah's bushy beard covered his mouth, cheeks, and chin that she found extremely attractive.

"Miss Santiago, I'm hurt." He said as he placed his hands on his chest and plopped down on her large leather sectional as she settled into her office.

Ava looked at him confusingly. "Have a seat, Mr. Gabriel," she said sarcastically, displeased with the way he fell onto her couch.

"What can I do for you?" Ava asked as she came around to the front of her desk and slightly leaned back and placed her hands on the desk for support.

Josiah stared at her as if he had never seen anything like her in his life. She was so slim and yet so thick...in all the right places, he thought. He was amazed at how perfect she looked in her fitted olive green skirt that had a teasing split going tastefully up the front. Her nude sleeveless blouse matched her nude Louboutin pumps perfectly.

Ava decided to straighten her long black hair, which explained why she was so late getting into the office this morning. Her hair was parted down the middle and was tucked behind her ears, allowing her gold and diamond studded earrings to shine brightly just as her gold Rolex did the same on her wrist. She had on light makeup and her lips were colored a soft, creamy brown. Her long eyelashes that were surrounding her almond shaped, hazel eyes, fluttered as she waited for Josiah to answer her.

"You don't remember me?" He asked.
He continued as Ava looked at him in confusion, "This year's Morrison & Co.'s charity event at The Westin in Times Square?"

Every year Charles and his partner Greg, and of course, Mrs. Morrison put together a charity event inviting all of their clients and other influential people to help raise money for New York's children hospitals. It was a big deal in New York and anybody who was somebody attended the event.

Josiah attended Morrison & Co.'s charity event a couple of months ago for the first time. His close friend and teammate Jawaun Jackson, is a client of Morrison & Co. and invited Josiah to come along. He assured  Josiah that he would have a good time with all the finest looking women in New York. Josiah wasn't dumb, he knew Jawaun wanted him there to divert the attention away from him since both his girlfriend and side chick were going to be attending this event. Josiah knew he was just Jawaun's decoy.

Josiah dreaded going out but it was for a good cause and Jawaun was his boy. If the tables were turned, he knew he could count on Jawaun to do the same.

Josiah was surprised at how sophisticated the party was. Jawaun made it seem as if the women were going to be walking around naked, throwing themselves at all of the men in sight.

As Josiah secured a good spot for observing at the bar, he noticed a beautiful, brown skinned woman with long black hair cascading over one shoulder, coming toward the bar. She had on a fitted, silky red Alexander Wang dress that flared at the bottom but accentuated all her curves. She walked over to the empty space next to Josiah with an unapproachable look on her face. Josiah loved a challenge.

"Don't look so mean, pretty lady," he greeted. "What you drinking?" He asked the goddess standing next to him.

She rolled her eyes, "anything at this point. I need a shot!"

Josiah motioned to the bartender he had been conversing with the entire night. "Get the pretty lady a shot of patron. Matter of fact, make it two," he ordered.

Josiah turned back to the woman and extended his hand. "I'm Josiah," he told her.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Ava." She shook his hand without really paying attention to him.

The bartender brought over the shots. "My, man. Here you go!"

"Thanks, G." Josiah slid both shots in front of Ava. "Here you go, Ava. I hope these make you smile," he laughed.

Ava downed both shots and let out a deep breath. "Thank you..." She began as she was interrupted by a loud, overbearing voice blaring from her head set. Mrs. Morrison was calling for her and Chanel to help with the projector upstairs. Ava groaned, "I'm sorry, I have to go but I owe you one. Well, two. I'll see you around, handsome." And just like that she disappeared.

Ava slightly remembered that night. She was attempting  to drink away the awkwardness of working with Mrs. Morrison. She had to say it worked, her hangover made sure of it the next morning.

"Patron!!" Ava exclaimed. "Yes, I remember now! That was an eventful night." She shook her head. What Ava didn't recall was Josiah being so damn fine that night.

"Well, you owe me and I came to collect on your debt." Josiah said with a smirk.

Ava laughed, " two months later? I'm sure you've had plenty of drinks by this time."

Josiah licked his lips. "Yes, but not from you." Ava had been invading his thoughts since that night of the charity event. He figured she worked for Morrison & Co. since she wore an ear piece that night. He was sure that wasn't apart of her outfit. He told Jawaun to do some investigating since the firm represented him. Two months later, he was just now getting back to him with some viable information.

"Okay. So maybe we can discuss your matter over drinks some time? Is that what you're insinuating, Mr. Gabriel?"

"Please, call me Josiah. And that sounds like the perfect plan. Tonight works fine for me," he said eagerly.

Ava didn't know if she was in the mood to drink on a Monday, but as she looked down on her desk reminded by all those messages Chanel had given her, she could tell today was going to be a long day. She laughed. "Okay, Josiah. Tonight, we can have drinks to discuss your interests in the services that Morrison & Co. provides."

"It's a date," he replied. "Meet me at Back Room at 8," Josiah suggested.

"Sure. I'll see you then." Ava walked over to door to lead Josiah out of her office. She shook his hand once again, noticing how scrumptious he smelled. She told her senses to calm down because she was getting heated just touching him.

"I look forward to doing business with you, Ms. Santiago."

As Josiah walked out the door into the hallway, Ava called out to him, "Oh, and Josiah.." He turned to look at her, "this is NOT a date." She gave him a seductive smile and shut her door.

Josiah laughed and shook his head. She was going to be a tough one.