Chapter 1: Living And Dying In Vegas

19th June 1988

The lonely desert was so hot even the rattlesnakes hid under the desert stones, it was hot and dry. But Carmen was walking as fast as she could, she never knew where she was going, she head literally abosuletely no idea.

Carmen just wanted to run away from her dark past, away from her abusive father and carless alcoholic mother, she was tired of her worthless parents that ruined her childhood or shall i say life. Because of her abusive parents, Carmen was always a quiet girl, always mocked by others. She was naive and therefore she found friends among the dirty streets, she became a heroin addict and she did anything just to get heroin, the only way to earn money was to sleep for money-yes Carmen became a prostitute as she belueved she had no other choice. Carmen had enough of her dreadful life. She had to run away.

Cautiously, Carmen slowly walked along the desert trying to avoid any scorpions or rattlesnakes. She had only one bag with her, with few clothes and of course a small box with her 'drug set', needles, a zippo, spoons and of course a bag of heroin waiting patiently in the bag for Carmen's vein. Even thought, Carmen took drugs for about a year she was considered beautiful by everyone, long light brown, messy hair and beautiful big black eyes which resembled the black pearls of the Mozambique as her grandfather would always say. Yes, Carmen was in fact beautiful however her personality was rotten, full of anger, selfishness and arrogance.