Chapter 2: Hitchhiker Girl

Carmen smiled a little, as she finally found a highway. It was empty, Carmen was the only living soul except for the deadly snakes, scorpions and lizards. She walked along the road hoping that a car would pass.

She walked for about one hour when finally she saw a glimpse of a red car in the distance, quickly, she adjusted her top and her denim shorts. She stood there waiting for the red car to get closer, when it was close she made a sign with her thumb.

Luckily the car stopped, the roof was open and inside there was a very young man, about twenty years old. He was blonde and blue eyed, the complete opposite of the dark eyed beauty Carmen.

"Hey" Carmen rejoiced to make a good impression on the young boy, she bit her lip and gave him the biggest smile. "Hey there, where do you wanna go? " the young boy replied rather uncomfortably because of Carmen's extreme confidence. "Anywhere, so can i-?" Carmen pointed at the seat, "Sure, hop in" the young boy smiled. Carmen smiled and threw her bag at the bag seat and jumped on the front seat next to the mysterious young man.

They were silent the whole time, it was so awkward the young boy was uncomfortable. "So" he finally said, "Whats your name?", Carmen looked at the young boy, and sang out her name "Carmen Gerard at your service" she shaked the young boy's hand and giggled. "Nice to meet you, Eden Woods at your service" Eden joked, and they both laughed. "Very unusual name" Carmen emitted, for she was quite tired, "oh yes, i get that alot. My parents love original names, my brother is called August" Eden exclaimed. Carmen just nodded, she craved a shot of heroin, but was too afraid Eden would call the cops. "So, where are you heading" Carmen asked uninterestingly. "Vegas" Eden rejoiced, you could see the happy look on his face, "Great!" Carmen acknowledged, Eden smiled at Carmen but Carmen just kept staring at her bag, looking quite worried. "Are you okay?" Eden asked Carmen, but she never responded. "Carmen, whats wrong?", Carmen looked at Eden and just smiled "Nothing, im fine".

For the rest of the journey, Carmen just slept to forget about her craving for a shot, and Eden just listened to the radio.

"Wake up!" Eden touched Carmen's arm, he noticed that she had alot of red bruises. Carmen woke up, the sun was going down, she realized she slept the whole journey. "We're in Vegas baby!" Eden shouted, Carmen gave him a puzzling look but smiled, "Sorry, i always wanted to say that" Eden laughed.

They finally got to Vegas, the sin city, full of casinos, drugs and nightclubs, the place where Carmen should of never went to, the place that changed the lives of many people including Eden and Carmen.