Chapter 3

*Casey's POV*

I got my new candidate yesterday.  He seems really nice and cool. I'm going to have everyone do some drills today so that way I can see how well Mills works with others. I walk into my office because I have to finish filling out paperwork from last shift that I forgot to take home. I leave my door open and I hear some noises coming from the locker room. I get up and investigate. I try to stay quiet so I peek my head around the corner and she Leslie Shay, she works on ambulance 61 with Gabriella Dawson. Shay has headphones in and is singing to some country song. I didn't think of her being a country style person. I go back to my desk and I finish the paperwork. I head out to the kitchen and I walk in and see everyone from truck and ambulance gathered around the counter. "What's going on?" I ask as I walk slowly towards the counter. "Lieutenant you have to try this. Mills cooking skills are amazing." Herrmann   says. "Well I work in a restaurant as my side job." Mills says with a smile on his face. "Mouch go tell everyone Chow." Mills says as he gets plates out and puts them on the counter. Next thing you hear is Mouch on alarm system announcing that dinner is ready. Everyone comes in and is getting ready to eat. They all start to eat and there is small talk going around about a whole variety of things. One of the topics being discussed is how good of a cook Mills is. Mills takes every comment and smiles.

*Mills POV*

Everyone is so surprised to have such a good cook in the house because they act like they have not eaten a good meal in awhile. After everyone ate Casey pulled the truck members into the apparatus room and he drilled us. He drilled me the most. I was put with everyone at least once. "Casey why are you putting so much pressure on the candidate?" Herrmann called out. He was leaning on the side of Truck 81. "It's okay Herrmann I don't mind." I said as I stood up so I could go grab some rope to tie some knots. "I'm checking to see who Mills works with the best, and to see what skills Mills needs to word on." Casey called out to Herrmann. Casey seemed to be studying me more than a girl would.

Ambulance 61 fall victim 31 Cherry Street!

Once we heard that we all worked together to move all the equipment we had out. The girls came running out and hopped into the ambulance and left with lights and sirens blazing. I think that Gabby is cute, her hair, her eyes, her smile, I wouldn't mind getting to know her. "What do you want us to do now Lieutenant?" Otis said. "I want you all to put everything away together as a team." Casey said as he started to walk away. He was almost to the door when he turned around and said "oh and one more thing." "What's that Lieutenant?" Mouch said. I was told that Mouch stood for half man half couch. "You all have 5 minutes to put all this away.... Starting now!" We all started to work together to put all the equipment away. It took us 4 minutes and 21 second to put everything away. I think Casey was impressed because he just smiled and shook his head up and down.

Thanks for reading everyone.... Vote and comment and if I end up not updating in awhile just comment and give me some ideas.... 💙😘