Chapter 26

Shay's POV

When we got dispatched for an officer down at a ware house Antonio was the first person to come to my mind.  I was hoping it wasn't him for Gabby's sake but then again I was hoping it was him so we knew where he was and could come home soon.  Chout was my partner for the day sense the whole thing with Gabby and Intelligence her and Matt took a sick day.  I'm glad they did, but I have to deal with Chout all day.  He doesn't shut up.  When we left the fire house he insisted that he should drive and I let him.   All he talked the whole ride to the scene but I didn't pay attention to him.  When we pulled up I saw the cop cars.  "You grab the back board.  I got the bags. I'll meet you in there."  I yelled to him as I grabbed the jump bags and ran to the door.  When I opened it I saw Voight first.  "Down the hall.  Just follow the screams."  He said pointing to the hallway.  I then herd the screaming and crying of a girl.  It was familiar.  GABBY! I ran down the hall and saw them.  "Gabby!  Back up!  I need room to work.  It's okay.  I got him.  I'll take good care of him."  I assured her.  She just kept on crying.  Atwater soon came in and picked up Gabby.  She was screaming and kicking but I couldn't deal with her right now.  I had to take care of Antonio.  "Tonio can you hear me?"  I asked him as I quickly checked for a pulse.  There was one but it was weak.  I hooked him up to the portable oxygen tank.  I was ready to get him out of here I just had to wait for Chout with the back board.  "CHOUT!!"  I yelled.  He entered the room.  "Sorry Shay."  He said as he picked up the speed and we got Antonio on the back board.  "We need help in here!"  I yelled.  Jay, Erin and Alvin entered the room.  "On my count."  I said.  We all bent down.  "One.... Two.... Three."  I said and we lifted Antonio up.  We rushed to get him into the ambo as his heart rate was dropping and Gabby was right there.  When we got into the ambulance Chout and I got his heart rate to stable out enough for us to be able to get on the road.  Chout drove.   As Chout was driving I held Antonio's hand.  "Come on Antonio.  You can get better and beat this.  They got the guy and all you have to do is get better.  For Gabby and your kids."  I said the last part slowly.  We pulled up and I wiped the tear that escaped from my eye fast.  Chout opened the doors and we were greeted by April and Will,  along with Dr. Rhodes.  They took Antonio and I just watched.  I didn't realize how long I was standing there till I heard the door open.  I looked and saw Gabby, Matt, Eva, Diego, Laura and Intelligence.  "Did he crash at all?"  Gabby asked me as I gave her a hug.  "No. Was stable the whole ride.  No crashes at all."  I told her.  I didn't even have to lie.  "Shay you ready to head back?"  Chout asked me.  "Um.  Yeah."  I said.  "I already filled the paperwork out.  Want me to drive?"  He asked me.  "Chout I think that would be best."  I told him.  He came over to me and gave me a little hug.  "He's going to be okay.  Come on. Severide will be waiting for us by the time we get back."  Chout said.  I laughed a little.  Everyone knew I was dating Kelly.  we didn't try to hide it and neither did Dawson or Casey.  

Once we got back to the fire house Kelly opened my door.  "Hey!"  He said as he pulled me into a hug.  He didn't have to ask if I was okay because he could tell I wasn't.  Hell everyone could tell.  It was really sad at the fire house for a little.  "Okay.  Everyone were going to Chicago Med.  I can't wait here anymore."  Chief said as he walked into the kitchen area and then walked out of the fire house to his Battalion car.  We all followed.  We all drove to the hospital following Chief.  Once we got there we sat in the waiting room.  Intelligence was there along with Gabby but Casey, Eva, Diego, and Laura were not there.  "Where are the others?"  I asked as I gave Gabby a hug.  "Getting checked on."  She said to me as she sat in the chair.  We watched as Gabby slowly started to fall asleep.  She was almost out when Diego and Eva ran out.  "Hey guys!  What did the doctor say?"  Gabby asked as she held onto her niece and nephew.  "Doctor said were good.  No injuries other than the memories."  Eva said.  Gabby kissed both there heads when Matt came out with Laura.  Gabby got up and walked to Matt.  "Baby, what happened?"  She asked him as she took her hand and placed it on the fresh bruise on his face.  "Got into a fight with the guy and it was all self defense."  He told her.  Gabby kissed Matt and then the doctor came out.  

It was Will and he didn't even have to ask.  He knew who the family was.  He had a smile on his face and that meant good news. "Other than a couple of bruises and being dehydrated, Antonio is fine.  Will be able to be discharged tomorrow.  He is in room 021 you may go see him."  With that Gabby kissed his cheek and ran.  The kids followed and so did Laura.  Antonio was going to be okay.  I walked over to Kelly and I gave him a kiss.  "Dinner tonight? I'm thinking Chinese and an action movie."  Kelly asked.  "I'm down as long as we can add beer to that."  I said back to him.  We smiled and I gave him another kiss before we walked to go see Antonio.  

Hey guys!!! I love ya'll and I wanted to say that I will be getting busy soon with me being a volunteer fire fighter... I'm taking a bunch of classes and I also got a new job as a dj so im going ot be doing that now to...   But i will try to update when I can.. Love you guys.  Vote and Comment please..... AND THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE BEEN NOT HAPPY WITH ME AND MY CLIFFHANGERS.... NO CLIFFHANGERS :)  ;)    I love you all <3