Chapter 29

Gabby's pov

So I decided to make this a little fun.  "I have to tell you guys something."  I said.  The boys stop in there tracks.  Leslie already knows my plan.  "Want to know?"  I asked the boys.  "Yes!"  They said as they came over to us.  Matt gave me a kiss and Kelly gave Leslie a kiss.  "Okay well you have to find it.  We hid what we want to tell you somewhere in this house."  Leslie said with a smile on her face.  The boys looked at us then looked at each other.  "Challenge accepted."  They said as they went to look for what they didn't even know what.  They left the living room.  That's where the picture is.  After about 10 minutes the boys came back to the living room.  "Okay.  We give up."  They said.  Before they sat down Leslie stood up.  "Oh my god, follow me."   She said.  They boys followed her.  I stood up grabbed the picture and made it so it was facing me and when they walked back in they wouldn't know what I was holding.  "Gabby, did you move it?"  Les yelled to me.  Before I knew it I saw Les with a smile on her face followed by two confused guys.  "What is that babe?"  Matt said as he walked over to me.  "Before I saw you, please promise to not be mad at me."  I said scared.  "Gabby just show him!"  Les said to me as she sat down on Kelly's lap.  I handed the picture to Matt but face down.  

Matt's pov

When I was told to go on this scavenger hunt for this "surprise"  I was excited, but know that Gabby is acting this way i'm kinda scared.  She had this white square thing.  When she was talking I got super worried because she seemed sorry, scared, and worried.  Acting like I would hate her.  What's is this white mysterious thing in her hands.  When she handed me it, it was face down.  I felt it and realized it was a picture frame.  Gabby put her hands to her mouth.  She was definitely worried.  I flipped it over and saw an ultrasound photo.  I didn't even look at for 2 seconds.  I flipped it back over and smiled.  "Really?  Are you serious?"  I asked her.  She smiled and nodded her head.  I flipped it back over and read it.  It did indeed say Gabby Dawson on it.  I also saw that there was writing on the frame.  May 17th 2017.  I started to cry.  I handed the picture to Kelly.  Then I went for Gabby and gave her a hug.  I spun her around then I gave her a kiss.  "I'm so happy right now!"  I said to her.  She smiled.  "Congrats guys to."  Kelly said as he walked over to us.  He gave me a hug then gave Gabby a hug.  "See you worried for nothing baby girl."  Leslie said as she walked over to her.  She smiled and smacked Les on the arm.  "Your Aunt Shay is gonna get beat."  Gabby said as she walked to the kitchen.  "Anybody want food?"  Gabby yelled from the kitchen.  "Babe do not make anything!"  I yelled.  "We're all going out.  To celebrate the new addition." I said as Gabby came to the living room.  "Gabs where do you want to go?"  Kelly asked her.  "I don't know ask your niece or nephew."  She said to him.  Him being the smart ass he is bent down to her belly and started to talk.  "Hey little one.  It's Uncle Severide.  What would you like for dinner?"  He asked her.  "Why are you using last names?"  I asked.  "Well when they are at the fire house no one is going to say Kelly or Leslie.  There going to say Severide and Shay so it's just easier to use last names. The only people this little one will call by first name is Jay, Alvin and our immediate family."  Gabby said as she came over to me.  I stood behind her and placed my hands on her belly.  She had taken her sweat shirt off and is just wearing a dark blue long sleeve shirt.  I didn't realize till I saw a flash that Leslie is taken a picture.  I looked up and smiled.  She took another one.  "Okay no more.  Baby says stop."  Gabby said as she moved.  She put her hands out.  "You okay Gabs?"  Kelly asked her as he ran to her.  "I can't see anything but white."  She said with a chuckle.  "I know the feeling."  I said.  We all started to laugh.  

Gabby's pov

After I could finally see again we made our way to my car.  We have 3 cars.  Matt's truck, Kelly's Charger, and my Subaru.  It will be perfect with the baby now.  Good thing I didn't trade it when I was going to a couple of months ago.  We ended up going to Bonanza steakhouse.  It has a variety of food and I can get a steak and ice cream.  I convinced everyone to let me drive.  We took my car so we could all fit in one vehicle.  It took us 45 minutes due to traffic.  Once we got there we saw a little line.  Maybe 3 or 4 families.  Once it was our turn it was time for us to order I went last.  I saw that they had ribs as there special today.  I ordered that with water.  The lady sat us down at our table.  I sat down and that is my first mistake.  The chair was so comfy.  "You guys go get your food. I'm gonna sit here for a little."  I said.  Leslie looked at me and chuckled.  "Chairs comfy?"  She asked me.  I nodded my head and smiled.  Leslie sat down and told the boys to go get food.  We talked for a little bit then our drinks came.  "Pepsi, sweet tea, water, diet." The girl said.  I pointed to where everything went.  "My name is Kim and I'm going to be your server for tonight.  Is there anything you need right now?"  She asked me.  I looked around.  "No I think we are good."  I said.  She smiled.  "Okay just let me know if you do need anything."  She said then she walked to another table.  "Shay she can't be more than 21 years old."  I said as the boys came into view.  "Oh, help me out of this chair."  I said as the boys came over.  Leslie held her hands out and I took them.  When I was standing up I looked at Matt.  "Waitress name is Kim.  Do not flirt with her!"  I said.  Then I walked away.  "Hey girl calm down.  Matt ain't even looking at her."  Leslie said as she stopped me.  "Ugh, I just don't know what got in to me."  I said as we got to the food.  I thought I would have food for weeks.  I started to make a salad.  "It's your hormones baby girl."  Leslie said to me.  "Well they are pissing me off."  I said as I walked to the other side of the buffet table.  We started to chuckle.  "It's going to be a journey isn't it?"  I asked Leslie as we started to go to head back to the table with the really comfy chairs.  "Yeah honey it probably will be.  But we will get through it together as a family."  She said as she put an arm around me.  I smiled and nodded my head.  I sat down in my chair and started to eat.  I had 2 salads then I forced myself to stop eating so I can eat my actual dinner.  With in a couple of minutes of me finishing my second salad the good food came out.  When I smelt my ribs it made me so hungry.  "Hungry babe?"  Matt asked me.  I had to think about that for a second because I then realized that he said that because I already was starting to eat.  "Yeah.  I guess we are."  I said as I took another bite.  We finished up our meal and had dessert.  Then when we got done with dessert we paid and left.  I decided to let Kelly drive while me and Matt sat in the back.  I laid against his chest.  He put his arms around me resting his hands on my stomach.  This is something I will have to get used to but ever sense I found out I'm pregnant I love to put my hands on my belly and just rest them there.  It's like the only way to be "close" to the baby even though this little peanut is in me.  

"Baby girl. Wake up."  Matt said.  I must have fallen asleep.  I woke up enough for me to get out of the car then he picked me up and took me to our bedroom.  He got me dressed in my pj's then laid me down and I fell right to sleep after he got in and put his arm over me.  I snuggled against Matt and fell back to sleep.

Okay so how do you all like the fact that Gabby is pregnant.  What do you think people at the fire house will say?  Are they going to tell anyone anytime soon?  How is she going to tell Antonio?  So many questions not enough time to type.  I love you guys so much and I love read your guys comments.  They always bring a smile to my face. Well Vote and Comment I love yall <3